About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
About the Role
We are looking for a professional with 1+ years of work experience in an HR role, focusing on employee procedures, managing the payroll function, overseeing employee benefits, and HR administration. You will report to the Uganda People Operations Lead.
- Manage the payroll cycle for our organization, ensuring accuracy in payroll for staff including loans, bonuses and statutory payments.
- Provide administration support by ensuring accuracy in our Employee HRIS system, physical employee files and support staff and departments in creating employment , transfer and promotion letters.
- Enhance staff experience through the establishment of HR communication with the staff through feedback channels.
- Maintain employee benefits programs through assessing benefit needs and trends, recommending benefit programs to management.
- Career Growth and Development
- We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- 1- 2 years of experience in Human Resource Management
- Experience in payroll and statutory deductions is required
- Bachelor's Degree in a business-related field in Human Resource Management.
- Excellent skills in using MS excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets), MS Word, PowerPoint. The ability to use SAP is an added advantage
- Knowledge of Ugandan Employment and Labor laws.
- Team player with people management attributes.
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Health insurance paid time off
This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Uganda.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feels consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Click on the 'Apply Here' section to be redirected to the application portal.
18th December 2021