The position is jointly responsible for managing the client's liquidity and funding requirements including monitoring of bank balances in all locations and bank accounts to ensure the smooth running of the business units.
Participate in Pricing of company products and ensure data accumulation system for landed costs and reporting systems.
1. Liquidity Management
• Cash preparation for the company
• Monitor bank balances to enable effective optimization of available funds.
• Timely funding of the company's accounts to facilitate payment of relevant duties and taxes.
2.Trade Finance Instruments
• Negotiate favorable and cost-effective trade finance instruments as per business requirements
• Establishment of relevant trade instruments including LCs, PIF, Guarantees, Bonds
• Monitoring of outstanding and cancellation of expired guarantees and bonds.
• Monitor and advise on currency movement for purposes of managing business risk in regard to forex exposure.
• Negotiate the best possible spot rates for forex bill settlements.
• Review of Daily Cash Receipts Advices.
• All audit requirements and analyzing costs regarding the section
• Prompt maintenance of bank mandates for all bank accounts.
• Adherence to principle trade terms.
• Assist in the month-end close of the GL.
• Timely advice of direct credits by customers
• Supervising, coaching, inducting, and training staff.
• Bank reconciliations
• Managing banking relationships
JOB CONTEXT: Define organizational policy and other factors that have a critical impact on the job.
The Job is key in managing funding, cash, and liquidity requirements within the business to achieve its targets and meet its obligations on time. It has a direct impact on the cost of funds and forex translations, thereby impacting the profitability of the business.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, & SKILLS:
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge:
Bachelor’s degree in finance/Accounting
CPA (U) and other training in managerial and supervisory skills
Minimum of 5 years working experience in a similar position.
• Knowledge of IAS and IFRS
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Analytical and numeracy skill
• Ability to manage deadlines
• Proficiency in IT
• Organisational skills and ability to plan own work effectively.
• Self-motivation and responsibility.
• Show initiative in taking on greater responsibilities. Demonstrate persistence in the face of resistance.
• Good communication skills