You will oversee, manage and provide direction to the manufacturing department that will effectively and profitably meet or exceed the internal and /or external client’s expectations by providing superior quality products and service.
As a textiles production supervisor, you would be responsible for overseeing all stages of the textiles manufacturing process. You will make sure that the process runs smoothly, is cost-effective and delivers products to the right standard and on time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform training of manufacturing teams, test comprehension and evaluate training effectiveness
- Monitors production plan meeting daily production schedules and reports status
- Ensures that production goals are met consistently
- Gives input for introduction of new products into the plant
- Assures proper maintenance of equipment and tooling
- Monitors employee performance through goal setting
- Identifies and promptly tackles morale problems
- Delegates responsibility and works with others to develop their capabilities
- Maintains attendance records, overtime, work schedules and implements company policies.
- Reviews, counsels, evaluates, disciplines, hires and discharges employees with the assistance of HR
- Monitors and controls scrap
- Recommends proper staffing levels based on production needs
- Maintains currency with ISO and internal quality assurance policies
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma, bachelors degree in textile or equivalent is required
- EITHER a Bachelor's Degree in a related field and three years of supervisory experience OR at least five years of supervisory experience required.
- Should be a self-motivated individual, with ability to take new products and establish supporting manufacturing documentation including SOP’s and standard work instructions.
- Should be well versed in Lean Manufacturing / Visual management techniques, promotes these techniques and be able to apply them to manufacturing processes
- Possession of SAP certification or experience is a must have
- Must be quality focused, active contributor to addressing quality issues in a timely manner and must be able to participate in Root Cause Analysis to ensure that issues are dealt with effectively
- Experienced in both manual assembly process but also automation manufacturing environment a plus
- Strong safety/environmental background, experienced in the safe handling and processing of routine chemicals would be a plus
- Experienced in suture assembly and processing techniques, including needle attachment, winding techniques and packaging highly preferred
- Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
- Demonstrates process improvement skills
- Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment Skills:
- Textiles/Sutures/Braiding, CNC, Swiss Turn, Lathes, Mills. Demonstrates good computer skills.
To express interest in this role, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and use the job title as the subject.