1. JOB DETAILS:
Job Title: Technician – Spray Painter
Reports to: Service Supervisor Body Shop
Direct Reports: NA
2. JOB PURPOSE:
To carry out spray painting on automobiles, machines and other products. To balance lay colours to the desired standards. To select and mix colours to match with the vehicles colours and as per the customers requirements in Body shop,
3. JOB DIMENSIONS:
Number of Staff Supervised: Direct Reports:
NA Financial Dimensions:
4. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES: Responsible for safety, economy and accuracy of own work or work assigned apprentice. Care of customers’ property.
Description of the Accountability
Main Job functions
- To carry out spray painting work in the workshop within the factory set times.
- To lay base colours, select and mix colours to required standards.
- To clean grease and dirt in the automobile and ensure the work area is clean at all times.
- To mask areas in the vehicle that are not included to be painted
Performance Indicators (How accountability is measured)
- Work Efficiency over 100%
- Quality work output
- Maintained clean work environment.
- Customer satisfaction
5. JOB CONTEXT:
Define organizational policy and other factors that have a critical impact on the job
The company is determined to be organised in terms of quality service delivery. The role is identified and evaluated to ensure that processes and company policies in terms of quality service is being delivered to customer satisfaction.
6. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, & SKILLS:
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge:
- Grade I Trade Test, Final Proficiency, Craft III
- `O’ Level Certificate
- 3 Years
- To have served as a recognized apprenticeship.
- To have undertaken manufacturer's training.
- To have experience on manufacturer's model range.
- Computer literate.