Deadline of this Job:
20 December 2021
SNV seeks a talented, qualified, result-oriented, and experienced professional for the position of Technical Expert Energy Efficiency, to support implementation of this project.
• Advisory Services
• The advisor is responsible for providing technical expertise on EE solutions ensuring they are contextualised to the local reality of households, institutions, and businesses in Uganda, in the built environment.
• S/he will (co-)develop EE business models to support the SMEs and ESCOs.
• S/he will advise on the selection of the SMEs and ESCOs to qualify for grants under the market development fund.
• Support the knowledge sharing on EE solutions with the SMEs and ESCOs.
• Provide technical advice to multi-stakeholder dialogues
• Knowledge Development
• Contribute to internal and external knowledge development, ensures lessons learned are made available for a large, relevant audience in Uganda and elsewhere.
• Participates in relevant knowledge development/expertise groups and in internal and external networks.
• Sharing documentation and learnings on IMEU Energy Efficiency products portfolio with relevant stakeholders.
• Project and process development and implementation
• Undertake monitoring visits to relevant partners and service providers and report on project progress and constraints. Ensure lessons learned are applied in daily practice.
• Contribute to the process of identification of and engagement with participating SMEs and ESCOs.
• Contribute to coherent development of the work plans and update thereof according to progress of implementation.
• Take lead in collaborating with other SNV projects and programs on the theme of EE.
• Work closely with CEDAT to leverage the opportunities, resources, and networks for building a vibrant EE ecosystem for the benefit of delivering the IMEU project.
• Lead strategy development for SNV’s engagement in EE, aligned to SNV corporate frameworks.
• Identify and analyse market opportunities and threats related to IMEU project and SNV in general and ensures relevant colleagues are informed.
• Actively participate in strategic positioning meetings and acts as focal point of SNV in relevant networks and platforms, both internal and external. Analyse, understand, and develop (local) networks with relevant stakeholders.
• Contribute to relevant reporting to the donor on technical Energy Efficiency aspects.
• Master’s degree in Engineering preferably with preference for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency, or any other relevant field.
• Minimum 6 years progressive experience at Senior level role in the field of Energy Efficiency.
• Solid background and understanding of EE programming, processes and (technological) innovations, and particularly with EE applications in agriculture (focus on agribusinesses and farmers cooperatives) and built environment (focus on households, businesses, and institutions). Specific experience in Uganda and/or East Africa preferred, inclusive of working with the private sector, public sector and other key stakeholders.
• Track record of successful leadership of a thematic area and delivering results. Experience working with local partners and in a consortium. Able to strategically lead, inspire and energise programme teams.
• Experience in leveraging networks, resources, and multistakeholder approaches. Excellent social, networking and presentation skills, able to engage with the private sector, civil society, governments and donors at all levels.
• Experience in collaborative and adaptive monitoring, evaluation and learning.
• Highly motivated self-starter, with strong organisational skills, who takes individual accountability seriously.
• Strong strategic decision-making and excellent (written and oral) communication skills, as well as reporting and presentation skills.
• Readiness to work and frequently travel in rural areas with minimal amenities.
• Fluency in both written and spoken English.
Click on the 'Apply Here' section to apply.