LOCATION : HEAD OFFICE
DEPARTMENT : IT DEPARTMENT
Elegance Finance is a privately-owned finance institution dedicated to delivering benefits of financial services tailored to individuals, groups, and SMEs that find it challenging to access services from mainstream banks. Our investment goes beyond providing capital but creating innovative solutions tailored towards the financial needs of growing private equity. We opened doors in May 2012 and have since then expanded to 4 branches (Entebbe, Soroti, Lira, and Kamwokya) with our headquarters in Entebbe.
To oversee and maintain a technical environment and all IT-related issues in liaison with the MD including hardware, software and related infrastructure, systems and server administration, user permissions, back-ups, monitoring performance, and responsible for systems availability. Systems administrator will also support EFL’s database management systems, ensuring the performance, integrity, and security of all the institution’s database application
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and implement comprehensive maintenance procedures for software and hardware equipment in EFL’s network and ensure adherence to hardware maintenance schedules.
- Design, implement and maintain a robust and efficient LAN/WAN and ensure that devices and network points are properly labeled and identified EFL email & internet.
- Implement a robust security system and protective measures against internal breaches and external threats and attacks on all network and software systems in EFL.
- Maintain all computer equipment and accessories to ensure a 99% system uptime.
- Maintain the EFL website and other social media sites and ensure regular updates on all sites.
- Training; Coordinate and conduct all training for new and existing staff in the banking application and other relevant software.
- Troubleshooting software systems problems with users and performing regular backups of the software information systems.
- Design, format, and generate reports for management and external stakeholders and any Adhoc reports as may be required.
- Maintaining an inventory of all IT-related equipment showing the physical location, the user, a clear description, and the specifications of the equipment.
- Design and maintain the disaster recovery site and ensure there is a business continuity plan (BCP) in EFL.
- Facilitate procurement and all IT-related equipment by providing specifications and liaising with third-party suppliers and vendors to ensure that all IT-related equipment is of accepted standards.
- Maintaining a register of all critical and sensitive storage backup media showing the times, dates, and users who have requested such media from the storage area.
- Monitoring system logs and activity of all users within the system and enforcing system security measures.
- Monitoring network traffic & making necessary recommendations for additional resources or hardware.
- Maintain servers, routers, switches, w/stations stand above PCS & MISC supporting devices &OS software.
- Maintaining an inventory of all IT-related equipment showing the physical location, the user, a clear description of the speed& capacity of the equipment.
- Database administration; Installation, configuration, maintenance, and upgrading of servers, software, and related products.
- Perform database backups, database fragmentation analysis, performance analysis, and database patching. - Configure Core banking database and applications
- Carry out stress tests and design database communication protocols and technologies with end-to-end integration flow charts.
- Maintain and update Standard Operating Procedures Documents for database management systems
- Document and report Database breaches/risks identified during the administration of the Database Management Systems to the Supervisor.
- Writing database documentation, including data standards, procedures, and definitions for the data dictionary and capacity planning. Budget for new installations, licensing.
- The ideal candidate must hold a bachelor’s degree in Computer science or any other related IT course from a reputable university.
- Candidates should have at least 2 years ‘and above working experience in IT Administration.
- Candidates must be knowledgeable in computer applications especially MS Office and should be aged between 25– 35 years
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Other Required Skills & Competencies:
- Should be honest, well organized, results-oriented, and reliable.
- Should be a team player and a self-starter, self-motivated & innovative.
- Should possess a strong personality and dynamism.
- Should be able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and under pressure.
- Should have ability to plan, organize and prioritize work.
- Possess a work ethic that includes neatness, punctuality, attention to detail, and accuracy.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to facilitate interaction with other staff.
- Experience in Database management and user support with Strong SQL scripting skills
- Understanding of Database Replication and implementations, Backups, and restorations/recovery.
- Understanding of analytical thinking in relation to SQL data management
- Certifications in Microsoft certified database administrator (MSCDBA) or Oracle database, Microsoft SQL would be an added advantage
- Excellent written and communication skills and high attention to detail.
How to apply:
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience, then apply immediately and send a CV, copies of certified academic and professional certificates, current salary, salary expectations, names of 3 referees, and daytime telephone contact (saved as one document) in either Word or PDF format through Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on 'Apply Now ' section not later than 15th October 2021 or deliver it to our Head office at the address below:
Please note that recruitment is ongoing as the applications come in.