Team: IT Department
Reporting Structure: Head of IT
Monitoring and Troubleshooting
• Monitor the server environments at the assigned Data Centers, Head Office, and Airtel Data Center, Physical elements like Power outages, cooling, and physical access
• Monitor and maintain the network infrastructure across the office and data centers
• Monitor office internet services, in the case of an outage, notify the relevant ISP service or diagnose the fault if a local problem is detected
• Perform daily review of logs, backups and perform checks for automated cron jobs
• Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems, and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
• Support with the regular maintenance of monitoring, backup, and infrastructure power and cooling systems
• Research and recommend innovative automated approaches for system administration tasks
• Create and Update system and application policies at regular intervals
• Research, Recommend, Test and Implement server software as alternatives to current or outdated software.
• Assist Head of IT with drafting, maintaining, and updating policies
• Create, change, and delete user accounts per request
• Create, Assign and Validate credentials provided for different system-level access
• Design, implement and maintain our server environments providing simple but effective scalability, performance, and reliability
• Ensure security and integrity of all systems at
• Ensure that the office environment is virus and malware-free and that antivirus software is deployed and managed
• Ensure backup of critical information is done according to schedule
• System automation
• Provide authenticated access to office Wireless Networks, Server Networks
• Implement and monitor logical security and integrity of the various applications hosted within the system infrastructure reporting where breaches are detected and isolating affected hosts and services
• Notify Team Members in the case of high-level security incidents, like the emergence of new malware, viruses
• Keep an up to date inventory of various hardware within the enterprise network
• Install and configure servers, network equipment, telephone devices, and other IT data center systems
• Carry out server operating system upgrades and patches on a rolling basis ensuring minimal disruptions to services
• Repair and recover from hardware or software failures
• Software installation, maintenance, and upgrading
• Install new/rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
• Implement and maintain enterprise-wide network infrastructure for high-performance applications
• Help prepare security awareness training programs with the Head of IT
Skills and Experience
• Strong Command of the Linux Operating System
• Knowledge of Database System Administration
• Knowledge of Networking
• Strong Troubleshooting and Problem Solution skills
• Excellent Planning and Project Organization Skills.
• Knowledge and experience with office applications
• Experience in office automation and scripting
• Experience best practices in the creation and management of backups
• Experience with server and network monitoring tools
• Understanding of network technologies such as LAN, WAN, MPLS, DMZ, VPN, TCP/IP, etc
• Must be comfortable working with mission-critical and sensitive systems, with a sense of urgency appropriate to the responsibilities.
• Knowledge of virtualization and containerization as well as container orchestration.
• Experience working with web servers Apache and Nginx preferably.
• Knowledge and experience with hardware installations and upgrades.
• Experience with database systems preferably MySQL
• Experience in configuring Cisco Routers and Switches, VPNs, Routing, etc.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Provide after-hours or weekend support when necessary to perform high-risk or planned downtime of the company data center systems for upgrades and maintenance
• BS in IT or a similar field
• Position is office-based (locally)
• Normal working hours are 8.30 am – 5.30 pm
• Fun working environment
• Team Work
• Regular Team Building
• Competitive Salary
• 21 days annual holiday
• Medical Insurance
All applications will be received and Reviewed through Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Now ' section