The Store Manager is accountable to all operations of the supermarket stores. The position is required to coach the store team to deliver an excellent and consistent shopping experience to all customers. The position is responsible for ensuring the well-being of all while contributing to the success of the store and supermarket through the adherence to operational standards to reach and exceed sales goals. This position is required to follow and enforce all company policies and procedures that are communicated from the Corporate Office.
Essential Details and Responsibilities
- Team development including hiring, training, supervision, coaching, performance management
- Drive sales, service, and customer experience initiatives in store to achieve Sales, KPIs and Store Performance goals.
- Plan and execute community events and partnering with various rescue agencies.
- Place orders, maintain appropriate inventory, floor moves, merchandising, display maintenance, housekeeping and miscellaneous paperwork.
- Responsible for the store’s Health & Safety audits; protects employees and customers by maintaining a safe and clean store environment. May be required to maintain cleanliness.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism and positive attitude in the workplace, including conducting oneself in an appropriate manner when communicating verbally, in writing or by email.
- Demonstrate a calm demeanor during periods of high volume, events and manage smooth transitions to keep store operating
- Protect employees and customers by providing a safe and clean working environment
- Accountable for financial reporting and operational metrics standards
- Maintain the stability and reputation of the store by complying with legal requirements
- Follow, enforce, and train all employees on all company policies and procedures
- Implementing all operational and merchandising direction that is communicated from the Corporate Office
- Fully accountable for execution of sales, service, and customer experience initiatives in store
- Consistently demonstrate excellent leadership and coaching skills
Stores management experience - at least 5+ years in a retail establishment preferably a supermarket
The ideal candidate should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Procurement and Stores Management or any Business related course from a recognized university;
· At least five years of relevant professional experience in Stores Management;
· Working knowledge of ERP System
· Ability to independently plan and execute complex tasks while addressing daily management details and remaining organized and focused;
· Ability to assess problems and develop solutions; and
· Excellent interpersonal communication skills and excellent organization skills
To apply for this role, send your CV to email@example.com and use the job title as the subject.