Responsible for ensuring proper management of company's inventory/ stock items. Maintains and updates the stock records, responsible for conducting physical stock counts, perform regular stock reconciliations and overall monitoring of stock transactions.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:5 years
• Responsible for ensuring proper management of company's inventory/ stock items. Maintains and updates the stock records, responsible for conducting physical stock counts, perform regular stock reconciliations and overall monitoring of stock transactions.
• Review the stock management processes and procedures for improvement.
• Ensure accurate and efficient management of stocks with correct stock entries which are updated in a timely manner.
• Conduct physical stock counts are carried at the end of every quarter in accordance with laid down stock taking procedures.
• Reconcile inventory accounts to the general ledger.
• Identify and follow up on damaged, obsolete & slowing moving stock items for appropriate action.
• Monitor unit costs for all the products in the system and correct any unusual movements.
• Conduct daily Integrity Checks and run daily stocks integrity reports.
• Investigate, explain the causes and correct any stock differences on a daily basis.
• Carry out manual stock reconciliation at the end of the month.
• Reconcile stock transfers with the account for clearing transfer and ensure that all stock transactions for the month have been processed.
• Analyse and report on all stock adjustments and over/under deliveries.
• Identify variances and their causes and task physical custodians to account for the variances.
• Ascertain accurate records and documentation of the purchases and issues of materials.
• Any other duties as many be assigned.
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes
• Bachelor’s Degree (Hons) in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting, or other related fields.
• Full Professional Membership (ACCA, CPA, CMA)
• A minimum of five (5) years of relevant working experience.
• Experience in using accounting software ERP’s
• Must possess skills in General Ledger Accounting with bias in stock accounting and purchase order processing.
• Knowledge of Stock Accounting/Inventory Management support especially for petroleum products
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
• Knowledge of financing, accounting and banking processes
• Must demonstrate exceptionally strong analytical skills, having an ability to analyse, refine, summarize, and clearly present data and information.
• Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
• High degree of professionalism and maintenance of confidentiality.
How to apply.
Click on the 'Apply Here' section to be redirected to the application portal.
All applications should be submitted not later than Friday 7th October 2022 by 17:00
hours (5:00pm EAT).
• Applicants are required to scan and attach CERTIFIED copies of the required academic documents e.g. Degree, Transcript, Diploma, A-level and O-level certificates
• Applications without Certified academic documents will not be considered.
• Attach a copy of the Curriculum Vitae
• Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted, and any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification
• Please forward any inquiries regarding this advert to firstname.lastname@example.org
• call telephone number +256 312 444 600.
UNOC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from the Albertine Graben are encouraged
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
UGANDA NATIONAL OIL COMPANY
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.