Korea International Cooperation Agency (KOICA) is supporting the Government of Uganda to implement the Project for Establishment of Sustainable Model Villages in Uganda (ESMV II Project). The purpose of this project is to improve the quality of lives through inclusive and sustainable rural village development in the targeted communities with two (2) outcomes namely; (i) Increased household incomes and (ii) Improved social environment for gender equality.
The ESMV II project is implemented in Mpigi and Mityana Districts. In Mpigi District, the project is targeting the communities of Bongole parish in Buwama Town council as well as the seven modal villages established of its first phase. In Mityana District, the project is implemented in Bukooba Parish and Kikandwa Parish of Ssekanyonyi and Kikandwa Sub-counties respectively.
One of the activities of the ESMV II project, in view of increasing household incomes, is to improve animal production and productivity in its target communities. It is against this background that ESMV II project invites applications for the position of Field Coordinator specializing in Animal Husbandry.
Job Title: Sponsorship Officer
Duty station: Pallisa
Contract period: 12 Months (Renewable after Evaluation)
Under the direct supervision of the Country Director, she/he shall have responsibility for maintaining all sponsorship, child intake, registration, and research and personnel services in order to meet legislative requirements and support for the daily operation and smooth running of activities in the field office.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensures that all sponsorship policies are taken into account through the process of New Child Intake, Annual Progress Reports (APR), Annual Child letter (ACL) and Gift Money Letter (GML).
- Involve and participate in community health checkups as organized by the organization.
- Take Full charge of managing drop-out cases in the processes of child sponsorship.
- Prepare all related plans and reports regarding activities involved in-home visits and prepare a detailed report to the supervisor.
- Ensures that all necessary reports regarding the activities of the department are made and submitted for approval by the Supervisor.
- Involves in making daily, weekly, monthly and yearly reports and plans.
- Takes into account all instructions insured by the Country Director and makes a brief report on the feedback.
- Attend all necessary business trips related to sponsorship and service around the world as required by the organization.
- Ensures that all skills, knowledge, and abilities acquired in such conferences is shared with the head office personnel/ staff members.
- Involve in all activities as may be directed or instructed by the supervising officer.
- Shall be engaged in activities of any kind within the organization as instructed by the Supervisor.
- Take full responsibility/ charge of all activities of any Colleague in the Sponsorship and service department in cases of absence like leave days or termination.
- Monitoring the registered and Sponsored Children.
- Being critical and sensitive about changes of the registered children and families.
Abilities and Skills
- Able to move away from home for long distances for organizational activities
- Ability to operate a computer like Ms. Word, Excel and powerpoint
- He/she must have interpersonal skills
- Being a native of Pallisa District or able to Speak Iteso or Lugwere is an added advantage.
- He/she must have multi-tasking skills
- Skills in report writing
- Basic Knowledge in Child Sponsorship
How to Apply:
All qualified and interested applicants who meet the above requirements should submit via email their application cover letter and detailed curriculum vitae (max. 3 pages) with contact details and telephone numbers of three (3) work-related reference persons through Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on 'Apply Now ' section
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Deadline for Applications: 10th December 2021 by 4:00 pm