Business Function: Customer Experience
Job Title: Social Media Specialist
Reports to: Senior Manager, Customer Experience
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Our client is a wholly-owned comprises of a portfolio of businesses focused on structural growth markets. The business helps individuals to de-risk their lives and deal with their biggest financial concerns through life insurance. One of the longest standing and most successful global insurers in the world with over 20 million life customers, +24,000 employees and £56 billion of assets under management as at 30th June 2019.
It has been providing financial security to customers since 1848 and it’s one of the oldest insurers in the world, with 171 continuous years of providing financial services. The firm is listed on stock exchanges in London, Hong Kong, Singapore and New York.
Provides protection and savings opportunities to customers, social and economic benefits to the communities in which it operates, jobs and opportunities to its employees and financial benefits for its investors. By offering security, pooling savings and making investments, the firm helps to maintain the cycle of growth. The company’s strategy is designed to create sustainable economic value for its customers and shareholders.
The company continues to develop its businesses in new markets in Africa, building on the success of its other regional models, particularly Asia. Currently, the company has a footprint in eight countries: Uganda, Kenya, Zambia, Ghana, Nigeria, Cameroon, Cote d’ Ivoire and Togo.
Reporting to the Senior Manager Customer Experience o, the Social Media Specialist’s responsibilities will include interacting with targeted virtual communities and network users by generating and executing our social media strategy to improve our online visibility and boost our marketing efforts as well as increase sales. They will work closely with the digital marketing team to a social media strategy that will promote brand awareness and customer engagement. The successful candidate should be able to gradually achieve better customer engagement, website traffic, and revenue through strategic exploitation of all aspects of social media.
• Collaboration with various departments such as marketing, customer experience, among others to oversee company’s reputation, promote brand consistency, identify key planners and coordinate actions. • Research opportunities for new social platforms and choose up-to-date processes that fit the audience’s needs.
• Handle crisis management, bad reviews, and negative news.
• Develop and oversee meaningful connections and engage the audience through messaging and dialogue.
• Staying current on emerging trends and best practices in social media.
• Monitor user engagement and recommend content for optimization.
• Define, implement and oversee the most vital social media KPIs.
Core Competences Required:
• At least 3 years’ experience as a social media specialist or similar role.
• University degree in Business, Communications, Marketing or equivalent from a recognised University.
• Excellent knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, Google+ , WhatsApp and other social media platforms.
• Fluency in social media: Hands-on skills and knowledge of multiple social media platforms and awareness of current trends.
• Excellent communication skills: Solid writing, editing and presentation skills with a strong sense of who the segment audience is and how to meet their needs.
• Strong understanding of networking tools: Competence of networking tools, such as Hootsuite and others, that makes it possible to manage several social media accounts from a single dashboard.
• Excellent time-management and organizational skills: Ability to manage time and prioritize multiple competing tasks and organize them, meet deadlines, and achieve goals.
• Ability to think on their feet: Ability to confidently make the right decision at the spur of the moment.
• Ability to work well with others: Not only will the candidate be required to interact with the public through online platforms on behalf of the employer, but they may be required to meet with other departments to synchronize their efforts and resolve common issues.
• Positive attitude, attention to detail and customer oriented with good multitasking and organisational ability
• Enthusiastic, upbeat personality; mature, professional demeanour
• Commitment to quality, customer service and high performance
• Ability to successfully work in a high activity, fast paced environment
• Ability to proactively network with colleagues in the industry