Xavier Project is an international NGO registered in Kenya, Uganda and the UK which specialises in building holistic partnerships with Refugee-Led Organisations (RLO) in refugee hosting areas. Xavier Project is a facilitator ensuring greater community ownership and self-reliance over humanitarian and development projects. We strengthen the RLOs’ capacity to design multi-year strategic plans to implement and manage pioneering community-led interventions which address core problems in their own communities. https://xavierproject.org/were-recruiting-for-a-senior-programme-officer-kampala-rwamwanja-refugee-settlement-uganda/
The Senior Programme Officer will be based in Kampala but will be required to make regular field trips (once every 4-6 weeks) to Rwamwanja refugee settlement, southwestern Uganda to help manage the day to day activities in the settlement. Our work in Rwamwanja has been on-going since 2016 and is spearheading Xavier Project’s localisation strategy. We have a long-standing partnership with a local refugee-led community-based organisation who we support in running a community learning hub and various livelihood and education focused activities. This includes English language courses, training in ICT, tailoring, kitchen gardening, poultry rearing and psycho-social counselling among others. Xavier Project is also working with the RLO to deliver a three year-long programme aimed at improving access to education for children with disabilities, funded by Comic Relief. Xavier Project also owns a commercial farm in Rwamwanja which hosts practical farmer training programmes. Given the wide range of on-going and planned projects in Rwamwanja, we require a highly experienced and adaptive individual who will understand the broader strategy to support these diverse operations.
- Providing supervision and support to field staff and our partner refugee-led organisations
- Organising and delivering workshops with partner refugee-led organisations
- Contributing to the design of effective strategies to address challenges encountered during the life of the programmes
- Delivering a range of administration tasks including basic accountability, procurement, record maintenance, etc.
- Organising and attending implementation and monitoring field trips
- Producing reports, action plans and other relevant documents to share with Xavier Project staff and other key stakeholders
- Conducting basic research activities
- Promoting local leadership and community-led solutions through participation in various networks, forums and other advocacy opportunities
- Active participation in promoting Xavier Project’s vision and mission
- Any other duties assigned
To apply for this position, we would like to ask you to complete and submit this online form- https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScK3ye8pTdOy6Y-j0gUZIZ6U13-C0nA48JAzxvc1B23Sm2f-g/viewform?usp=sf_link.
In addition, please submit your CV along with one piece of writing (or video) to demonstrate your written/spoken communication skills to firstname.lastname@example.org and use your name and the job title ''Senior Programme Officer Rwamwanja'' in the email subject. Please note that only the CVs of long-listed candidates will be read so include the most relevant information from your CV in the application form .