The East African Community is a regional intergovernmental organization comprising the Republic of Burundi, the Republic of Kenya, the Republic of Rwanda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Republic of South Sudan, and the Republic of Uganda with its Headquarters in Arusha, Tanzania. The EAC mission is to widen and deepen economic, political, social, and cultural integration to improve the quality of life of the people of East Africa through increased competitiveness, value added production, trade, and investments. This is an exciting opportunity for highly motivated and result-driven professionals who are citizens of East African Community Partner States (Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, South Sudan and Uganda) to apply for the following position .
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
The Senior Personal Secretary shall perform the following functions:
- Manage the Executive office and provide secretarial services and ensure security of Office and information;
- Provide administrative support for official travel arrangement, including itinerary, clearance, tickets and other necessary documents for the Office;
- Arrange for timely requisition of Office supplies and stores;
- Facilitate information sharing between various offices and Directorates and stakeholders;
- Prepare high quality briefing materials for meeting and appointments an taking minutes and dictation;
- Receive, attend to and direct customers/visitors appropriately;
- Manage and update Office diary, draft responses to correspondences and arrange for appointment and meetings as agreed with the Registrar;
- Maintain good customer relations with employees, customer and the general public;
- Arrange appointments and meetings as appropriate, including arranging agendas and programmes for meetings and make follow-up on deadlines, commitment made and action taken;
- Create and maintain appropriate record and filing sub-system for the Office;
- Respond to/direct Incoming/outgoing calls/mails;
- Transcribe and draft official correspondences and memoranda etc.;
- Recommend appropriate system for streamlining office operation;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Management from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience:
- The applicant for the East African Community (EAC) Senior Personal Secretary job must hold an Advanced Diploma in Secretarial Studies, Office Management or a related discipline. Bachelor’s degree in Secretarial Studies in addition to Diploma in Computer studies covering Microsoft office
- Eight years of experience in a busy office environment at a senior level.
- Knowledge in records management and bookkeeping is essential.
- At least ten years experience, with minimum 5 years experience managing an Executive Office. Also, skills in typing of at least 50wpm and shorthand 120wpm are necessary.
- Skills and Competencies: Must have good communication skills with good command of English and Kiswahili, outgoing, interpersonal and be customer-oriented. She should be a team-player, proficient in the use of computer packages and able to withstand pressure.
Eligibility for applications:
Applicants from all EAC Partner States are eligible to apply for the above position.
The established posts offer attractive fringe benefits including housing allowance, transport allowance, education allowance, a medical scheme, and insurance cover.
The EAC is an equal opportunity employer; therefore, female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply. EAC will only respond to those candidates who strictly meet the set requirements.
Method of Application
All interested candidates who meet the qualification and experience requirements for the above-mentioned position are advised to :
Fill in the application form attached (download from here);
attach their application letter, a detailed CV, Copies of certified academic certificates, and a copy of National Identity Card or Passport in PDF format scanned in one (1) file.
Please quote the respective reference number on both the application letter and envelope.
For electronic submission, please quote the respective reference number on the subject of the email and send to the address given below.
You may submit your application either electronically or in hard copy but not both.
Applications which do not :
have EAC application form;
indicate nationality and age;
have the reference number;
or have an application letter attached;
have certified copies of their academic degrees and other professional Certificates;
or fail to provide three referees will be disqualified.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted
EAC Staff Rules and Regulations preclude considerations of applicants above 55 years of age.
Please note that EAC does not require candidates to pay money for the recruitment process. All invitations for interviews will be done in writing.
Due diligence will be conducted for all successful candidates in respect of their academic certificates (certification by a recognized higher education body in the respective Partner States) and employment records
East African Community
P. o Box 1096
Arusha - Tanzania.
Tel: +255 27 2162100
Fax: +255 27 2162190
Closing Date: 21st August 2020