Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Software & Data
Manage and improve our infrastructure, shaping all our services and ensuring that our infrastructure is running in a cost-effective manner, optimizing and reducing costs and resources as necessary.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
At Prisma, we are building the data layer for modern applications. If you are fascinated by the leading-edge architecture and technology used in today’s data-intensive, highly scalable software systems, with distributed graph data on a massive scale, but you want the energy, challenges, and freedom that come with working in a small startup, then a job at Prisma might be for you.
With funding from top-tier investors Amplify Partners and Kleiner Perkins, we are a small, distributed team working on making the advanced data infrastructure developed by large tech companies accessible to all application developers around the world. Our hard work is paying off, with adoption and implementation of Prisma by some of the most successful and interesting companies out there today, and the fun is just beginning!
We are focused on bottom-up adoption, and most of our software is open-source. We have a vibrant community on Slack and GitHub - with over 55,000 members on Slack - where we regularly engage with the Prisma community.
What are we looking for in an Infrastructure Engineer?
We are in search of an infrastructure engineer to help shape Prisma’s engineering and company-wide infrastructure. As part of a small team, you’ll have an incredible and lasting impact on recommending, managing and improving the infrastructure used by teams across the company.
At Prisma, we are building the data layer for modern applications, with a focus on serverless. We need the right infrastructure to support these solutions, so we invite you to join us in realizing this vision.
What would you do at Prisma as an Infrastructure Engineer?
Here are some of the most typical responsibilities of an Infrastructure Engineer at Prisma:
- Manage and improve our infrastructure, shaping all our services and ensuring that our infrastructure is running in a cost-effective manner, optimizing and reducing costs and resources as necessary.
- Create abstractions and reusable components to standardize and consolidate infrastructure patterns across teams to help them deliver their goals.
- Provide expertise and hands-on guidance to other teams to find solutions to their infrastructure needs.
- Share knowledge and best practices in the area of infrastructure to improve delivery, productivity and velocity across the organization.
- Participate in an on-call rotation for incident response of our critical systems and components.
- Own and define processes for the tools and services we need to operate as a successful company, seeking to minimize the process effort for everyone at Prisma.
What does the candidate profile look like?
We believe the right candidate for this position should meet a majority of the criteria listed below.
- 5+ years of experience with workloads running on cloud infrastructure like AWS, GCP or Azure
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code, such as Terraform, Pulumi
- Experience with Pipeline as Code, such as GitHub Actions, GitLab Pipelines
- Experience with monitoring stacks, such as Grafana, Prometheus or Honeycomb
- Knowledge of Linux process management and monitoring
- Understanding of distributed systems
- Experience with organizational management on AWS and other tools and services
- You are fearless and love the technical challenges that managing an infra environment brings
- You are a stickler for perfection as far as systems management goes
- You can communicate fluently in English and can express your thoughts clearly in writing
- You have high standards for quality, balanced with pragmatism and a sense of purpose
What is it like to work at Prisma?
You're likely to be a great fit for the team if you ...
- ... have an ownership mindset. As part of a small team, you'll have an outsize impact on decisions and the way things are executed.
- ... stay nimble. As a growing startup, the team and strategy evolves quickly. Be ready to re-calibrate often and stay flexible.
- ... be kind and collaborative. Come in ready to share your ideas and listen to feedback.
We are a remote-first organization with an office based in Berlin, Germany. Whether you would like to work remotely, or from the office in Berlin is up to you! We are open to discussing relocation assistance if you would like to join us in Berlin.
To ensure our team members maintain an effective working relationship, at present we are restricted to hiring remote employees from a timezone band ranging from GMT -5 to GMT +3.
What's in it for you?
- Opportunity to work with a team of world-class engineering, product, and design experts.
- Join our community events and developer conferences (Meetups, Prisma Day, GraphQL Conf).
- Be part of a thriving startup funded by Silicon Valley's top tier investors.
- We provide a competitive base salary in line with industry standards for similar positions.
- As an early-stage startup we also provide competitive stock-option grants with a 10 year exercise window.
- 24 days paid vacation per year.
- 4 mental health days per year.
- Fully paid parental leave up to 20 weeks.
- Generous tech budget to make sure you have all the hardware that you need.
- Ergonomic chair subsidy.
- Access to your local co-working space if you prefer to work from an external location to your home.
- [US] Health, Dental, Vision + 401k Matching
How to Apply:
Click on the 'Apply Here' section to be redirected to the application portal
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.