Senior Human Resources Coordinator
The Senior Human Resources Coordinator is responsible for the coordination and execution of the HR function at the Cordaid Uganda Country Office. He/She also supports, when and where necessary, the Human Resource focal points in the country offices falling under the East and Southern Africa regional office based in Uganda (Kenya, Rwanda, Zimbabwe).
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
Senior Human Resources Coordinator
Opening date: Monday 6 March 2023;
Closing date: Sunday 19 March 2023
Cordaid is an international NGO, that believes in a world without poverty and exclusion. We strive for just and sustainable societies where every person counts. We stand for knowledge and talent sharing between North and South, between farmers and businesses, and between activists and policymakers. Where poverty, conflict, and exclusion divide societies, we connect people and communities. We stand for professionalism, expertise, and solidarity across borders. We aim at maximizing our social impact and contributing to systemic change. We operate where natural disasters strike, where conflicts tear up communities, and where lack of opportunities and service delivery keep families in extreme poverty. Cordaid has been active in Uganda for over 25 years; and our programmes currently focus on three thematic areas: health, education, and sustainable livelihoods.
Cordaid is a member of the international Catholic network Caritas as well as the ecumenical network ACT Alliance and we are active in worldwide civil society networks. We work in 20 countries in Africa, the Middle East, and Asia.
Cordaid Uganda is looking for a hardworking and enthusiastic person to fill the position of Senior Human Resources Coordinator
Job Summary: The Senior Human Resources Coordinator is responsible for the coordination and execution of the HR function at the Cordaid Uganda Country Office. He/She also supports, when and where necessary, the Human Resource focal points in the country offices falling under the East and Southern Africa regional office based in Uganda (Kenya, Rwanda, Zimbabwe).
Reporting: Country Director Cordaid Uganda / Regional Director East and Southern Africa
Duty station: Kampala, Uganda
Position type: National
Contract type: Fixed term contract – 1 year, renewable upon satisfactory performance
Proposed start of contract: As soon as possible
Summary of Roles/Responsibilities
• Assists with and coordinates strategic Human Resources planning
• Executes and maintains Human resources policies and procedures
• Advises management in the execution of HRM policies and procedures, including national-level legal requirements
• Ensures administrative and legal compliances in Human Resources and safety and security
• Ensures management and staff are working according to the Code of Conduct and Integrity Policy and takes appropriate action in case of misconduct.
• Is the focal point for safety and security
• Shares HR knowledge, stays abreast with labor market developments, safety, and security developments, and learns about new HR, safety, and security techniques and methods.
• Provides support to HR focal points and officers in the other countries of the Cordaid East and Southern Africa cluster office
More Details on the Job Description and How to Apply
Interested candidates should go to and apply online https://cordaid.hrmagic.co/careers/job?id=ODk1.
Ensure you fill in all the required fields and submit accordingly. The final deadline for submissions is Sunday 19 March 2023. Only online applications submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please note that Cordaid has integrated background checks into the recruitment procedures.
Having implemented a broad integrity framework, we apply an interagency scheme to prevent misconduct and will ask for written references in the final stages of the recruitment procedure.
Cordaid is an equal-opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by the law.
This applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Cordaid makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.