Hunger Free World (HFW) an International NGO with its Headquarters in Japan envisioning a world that is free from hunger. Our mission is to empower the people and the communities to realize their right to food. We base our activities on the values of Inclusion, Solidarity, Integrity, and Innovation. The HFW Uganda Affiliate Office seeks to hire a Ugandan national as a Human Resources & Administrative Manager (HR&A Manager), to be based at the Country Office in Kampala.
Job Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Recruitment and Retention:
- Develop and oversee a recruitment process.
- Review job advertisements prior to posting, screen CVs, conduct telephone screenings, coordinate interview teams, participate in interviewing candidates, and ensure that documentation is collected and recorded/filed.
- Oversee all labor engagement for the country office and manage the new hire orientation and exit process.
Compliance and Record-Keeping:
- Annually review the Personnel Handbook recommending amendments needed due to changes in local conditions or labor laws.
- Manage timesheets, leave balances for office, ensuring timely submission, approval, accuracy, and filing.
- Ensure compliance of the organization to all policies and laws governing NGOs in Uganda
Compensation and Benefits:
- Monitor compensation - ensuring internal equity & compliance and benefits.
- Facilitate job analysis and update job descriptions.
Payroll and Budget:
- Coordinate with Finance Manager in the preparation of monthly Payroll.
- Advise Country Director on appropriate staffing levels and assist in budget preparation
- Review employee final payments for accuracy and compliance with labor laws.
- Ensure smooth running of all administrative functions in the country office including programs.
- Supervise and coordinate all local and international travel and hotel arrangements for staff and visitors, including visas as applicable.
- Represent the organization as delegated by the country director
Training and Development and Performance Maintenance:
- Evaluate the need for employee training and development and make recommendations.
- Oversee the coordination and implementation of annual performance reviews.
- Work with other members of senior management to resolve employee relations issues pragmatically.
- Investigate employee relations issues & work to ensure human resources-related decisions are consistent and fair.
(a) Level of Education/Academic Qualification and work experience
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration or related field of study from a recognized university specializing in Human Resources and/or administration.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration or related field of study from a recognized university specializing in Human Resources and/or administration.
- Minimum professional experience of 5 years for Master’s holders
- 7 years of experience for bachelor’s holders) with at least three years in supervisory/managerial level.
- Experience in the NGO sector is a must.
- Post-graduate training in project planning and management, data management, and Information Technology is an asset
(b) Other Competencies/Abilities/Skills Required
- Must be familiar with country-specific laws and regulations governing Human Resources and NGOs.
- Ability to work with colleagues to assess complex issues pragmatically.
- Ability to define problems, establish facts, analyze situations and make decisions.
- Excellent written and verbal English and local language skills.
- Ability to interact with and lead employees at various levels.
- Strong understanding of confidentiality as it relates to Human Resources.
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to engage with stakeholders at all levels
- Proficient in MS Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Strong organizational and representational skills.
- Project management experience (including budgeting)
- Experience in working with multicultural and diversified workforce.
- Working experience in HRMIS is preferable.
- Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision and attention to detail.
- Ability to work as a team
Application Instructions: Applicants should submit the following application materials through the Brightermonday portal by clicking on the 'Apply Now ' section: CV, cover letter, academic certificates, and 3 professional references not later than 14th April 2021.
HFW is an equal opportunities Organisation. Females are encouraged to apply