The Senior Finance Associate is normally supervised by the (Senior) Finance Officer who defines general work objectives and provides necessary advice and guidance. The incumbent also refers to UNHCR Manuals and relevant policy papers on financial issues. The incumbent works quite independently on regular assignments with an oversight from the supervisor. The incumbent assists with the processing of financial transactions. S/he keeps frequent contact with staff at various levels in the office and with bank officials to exchange information. The incumbent normally supervises some support staff. All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR¿s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
- Minimum Qualification:Highschool
- Experience Level:Entry level
- Experience Length:No Experience/Less than 1 year
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Oversees the processing of financial transactions and reconciliations in line with relevant policies and procedures.
• Provide financial reports as per financial guidelines and when required.
• Maintain ledgers and accounting records for classification and recording of financial transactions and for the reconciliation of accounts and preparation of recurring or special reports.
• Ensure timely and accurate calculation and payment of salaries, allowances, travel claims and other payments to staff members, experts and consultants, vendors and other claimants.
• Contribute to the preparation and processing of monthly accounts.
• Prepare financial data for budget estimates and financial planning.
• Ensure reconciliation of cash books with bank statements.
• Maintain liaison with officials of local banks and financial institutions to obtain day-to-day information on exchange and interest rates, changes in procedures and regulations, and matters pertaining to maintenance of office bank accounts.
• Assist colleagues in all aspects of accounts maintenance and budget control by providing reports on financial status, procedures, exchange rates, costs and expenditures and potential funding problems.
• Perform other related duties as required.
Years of Experience / Degree Level
• For G7 - 4 years relevant experience with High School Diploma; or 2 years relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher
(Field(s) of Education marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Certificates and/or Licenses
• Finance; Business Administration; Accounting;
(Certificates and Licenses marked with an asterisk* are essential)
• Knowledge and work experience of MSRP Finance applications. Good knowledge of UN/UNHCR Financial rules and procedures. Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specific training relevant to the functions of the position.
• IT-Computer Literacy
• IT-Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
(Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
• For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
• For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
• For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
How to Apply:
Click on the 'Apply Here' section to be redirected to the application portal.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.