Senior Data Analyst (Learning) - Uganda Learning Activity
QED is a global consulting firm with more than 20 years of experience providing data-driven and insightful solutions in close to 100 countries. We are passionate about transforming lives through knowledge-based solutions. Leveraging deep expertise in monitoring, evaluation, global health, and learning, we help our clients collect, analyze, visualize, and ultimately use data in more effective ways. Our work maximizes results through the use of cutting-edge technologies and innovation, organizational development, and evidence-based decision-making.
The purpose of the USAID Learning Activity (ULA) is to further strengthen USAID/Uganda performance and improve the performance of its implementing partners, with a focus on collaborating, learning and adapting, in order to enhance the impact and sustainability of USAID-supported contributions to Uganda’s development. The ULA will achieve this through three objectives:
Collaboration: Strengthened collaboration, both internally and with external stakeholders, enables USAID to better leverage expertise, learning and resources; and deepens local ownership.
Learning: Systematic learning, through applied research, monitoring and evaluation, informs and improves the relevance, quality and cost- effectiveness of programs and operations
Performing: Adaptive management of program implementation and meta-level interventions to improve the quality of USAID program outcomes.
Senior Data Analyst (Learning) is responsible for providing significant data analysis and data science strategy and inputs into the ULA workplan and client systems, tasks, processes. The Senior Data Analyst will provide technical insights and support deliverables such as evaluations, assessments, and other data-heavy assignments. The incumbent will oversee/manage selected ULA colleagues to deliver innovative technical solutions to the Mission, IPs, and QED HQ. Moreover, the incumbent will be responsible for capacity strengthening in in better quality data programming, data quality, data collection, and data analysis within the USAID context and reporting cycles related to MEL and CLA. Lastly, He/she would also lead and support teams to anticipate and offer proactive data solutions and data analysis to USAID/Uganda.
The Senior Data Analyst would work within the ULA Data Team to regularly support MEL/CLA compliance and functionality for the USAID/Uganda Mission – specifically in the implementation of ADS 201 Program Operations to carry out better reporting, better monitoring, and better utilization of performance data.
This incumbent would work within the ULA Data Team and be conversant and willing to leverage the latest variety of programming languages and software, including SAS, R, Python, Stata, Canva, Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, Google Studio, GIS software, etc. in order to present innovative data solutions.
- Strengthen capacity and data literacy across ULA and USAID/Uganda more widely in data science, data analysis, data utilization, and data visualization using software such as SAS, R, Python, Stata, Canva, Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, Google Studio, GIS software,
- Support SOWS with data science and data analysis solutions across evaluations and assessments conducted by ULA and on behalf of USAID/Uganda
- Work within the ULA Data Team to regularly support MEL compliance and functionality for the USAID/Uganda Mission – specifically in the implementation of ADS 201 Program Operations to carry out better reporting and monitoring of performance data, along with Data Quality Assessments, GIS Adherence, Evaluations, and Learning towards Adaptation
- Develop ad hoc reports, models, and forecasts in support of technical work, sharing observations and recommendations with senior management, and stakeholders for further consideration
- Guide various technical offices in appropriate and effective use of data
- Mine the PRS database/GIS database/secondary data sources in search of critical developmental insights and communicates, while diving deeper to utilize other national survey and databases to produce periodic data-driven discussion papers per ULA and technical office needs
- Support the development of logical and conceptual data flows that better facilitate technical office analytical requirements
- Dedicate time to encourage creativity and innovation in analysis
- Create efficient and reusable SQL code meant for the improvement, manipulation, and analysis of data
- Regularly maintain and upgrade data warehouse servers that house and store performance data related to the USAID/Uganda mission
- Lead a team within ULA office and collaborate with QED HQ data team to support innovative data visualization and analysis work across ULA’s portfolio
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the Supervisor & COP or the Employer
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) in Data Science, Computer Science, Information Technology, Economics, Information Systems, Statistics, Applied Math, Business Administration, or any other related field or its equivalent
- Have experience in the USAID landscape and have a working knowledge of the USAID MEL and CLA environment
- Have a strong background and knowledge of reporting tools such as Oracle Business Intelligence, Tableau, or SQL, SAS, R, Python, Stata, Canva, Tableau, Google Studio, GIS software or any other data visualization tools as well as experience performing administrative tasks on servers
- At least 7 years in a data analyst position, working in a fast-paced and dynamic business setting
- Experience working in report creation, modeling, and trend forecasting
- Possess skills in statistical and econometric modeling, performing quantitative analysis, machine learning, and data mining
- Demonstrate a deep interest in research and data analysis, drawing actionable insights from raw data and information to help further business cause
- Demonstrate an ability to create, troubleshoot, and enhance the business’s data loadings.
- Possess a clear understanding of key IT business systems, reporting and analytics, and data warehousing
- Able to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
- Have creative and innovative problem-solving skills
- Possess strong communication skills both in written and oral
- Have a natural ability to work within an existing Data Team and get along with people and establish strong and meaningful relationships with others
All applications will be received and Reviewed through Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Now ' section
Please note that applications submitted by other means; or without either a resume/CV and/or biodata may not be considered. Only finalists will be contacted; no phone calls, please.
A submitted application to QED in response to a position on a bid or proposal indicates your agreement to be included in our submission to the client at least on an illustrative named basis.
The QED Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, Minorities, Veterans, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. AA/V/D. Reasonable accommodation requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.