Our client is an independent trading firm. Founded in 2017, we are part of the next generation of companies defining the future of global commodity trading. Although we have experienced very strong growth so far, we are still near the start of our journey. We have ambitions to go a lot further.
Energy in one form or another is fundamental to almost all the world's economic activities. By understanding the demand, supply, and logistics of these commodities, we can better understand the world.
We specialize in the proprietary trading of the intraday and short-term wholesale electricity markets across Europe. We make use of advanced data analytics and extensive research to drive profitable decision-making, trading enough electricity every day to power a small country and growing every day. Technology and risk management form the backbone of our business.
- Lifelong learning with continuous reflection.
- Independent thinking through a meritocracy of ideas.
- The team is more important than the individual.
- Being the best in any market we enter.
- Hiring and keeping only the most effective people.
- Others must benefit from our existence.
Our client is on a mission to build the most advanced European electricity trading and analytics platform, with our technology being used by our teams of commercial traders to create significant value. Being a Senior Back-end developer of our team, you will work on exciting challenges that come with large-scale data processing, automation, and analytics. We work in an agile and highly collaborative environment and challenge the norms of traditional business leadership. We are looking for enthusiastic and experienced engineers who are able to own aspects of the technical process and assist in the development of the team as a whole.
This is a rare opportunity to take a leading role in the growth of a major player in the European Electricity Markets. We are looking for someone who would be committed to the long-term success of the business. We operate in the European Energy markets, but our commercial trading operations are in Dubai, UAE.
If you have excellent programming skills, a passion for developing/improving applications utilizing cutting-edge technologies, and strong leadership skills, then we would like to meet you.
Job Location: Dubai
- Gather, address & implement technical and design requirements.
- Refactor existing applications to optimize their performance through setting the appropriate architecture and integrating the best practices and standards.
- Ensure high-quality code that is very well optimized utilizing the right design, algorithms, and data structures
- Own the technical implementation of the project he/she is handling ensuring the project is on track, deadlines are met, and progress/bottlenecks is communicated to management
- Manage to test the projects he/she is handling ensuring robust deliverables
- Conduct project code reviews on a frequent basis and integrates the needed optimizations and changes
- Prepare, review and own the technical documentation of his/her projects
- Contribute significantly towards improving and optimizing our processes, best practices & implementations.
- Mentor & Coach Junior team members and his/her project colleagues
- BS degree in Computer Engineering/Computer Science/Electrical Engineering. A master's is a plus.
- 5+ years of work experience in Python
- 1+ years of work experience as a Senior Python Back-end Developer
- 2+ years of experience in Python Frameworks (Flask or Django)
- 3+ years of experience in developing REST APIs.
- 2+ years of work experience using AWS cloud and its resources/services.
- AWS certificates are a big plus.
- Strong coding skills with strong competencies in data structures and algorithms
- Strong work experience in Relational Databases including PostgreSQL.
- Experience in non-relational databases (Mongo DB, Cassandra) is a big plus.
- Previous experience in automated testing tools including unit testing & UI testing.
- Strong knowledge in Continuous Integration & Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) utilizing Docker containers.
- Experience with Scrum/Agile Development methodologies.
- Excellent analytical, time management, and teamwork skills.
All applications will be received and Reviewed through Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Now ' section