Under the guidance of the PAWS to put in place mechanisms to ensure that all aircraft on the CAA register meet Airframe and Power Plants requirements for Airworthiness.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:5 years
Uganda Civil Aviation Authority (UCAA) is a corporate body responsible for regulation of civil aviation in Uganda. It manages Entebbe International Airport (EIA) and thirteen (13) other upcountry aerodromes. UCAA carries out its work in conformity with International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Standards and Recommended Practices (SARPs). The Authority now plans to recruit suitably qualified Ugandans of impeccable integrity and commitment to fill the following position in its establishment as detailed below:
Job Ref : UCAA/ADV/EXT/07/2022
Post : Senior Airworthiness Inspector– Airframe&Power Plant
Reports To : Principal Airworthiness Inspector –Airframe & Power plant
Salary Level : 11
Vacancies : 02
Job Purpose : Under the guidance of the PAWS to put in place mechanisms to ensure that all aircraft on the CAA register meet Airframe and Power
Plants requirements for Airworthiness.
Principal Accountabilities Specific Activities
• Planning, budgeting and review process.
• Provides information to the Principal Inspector in order to support planning activities for the department.
• Participates in and supports budgetary control initiatives in order to ensure that the department operates within its approved budget.
• Surveys aircraft for issue and renewal of certificate of airworthiness.
• Inspects aircrafts to ensure avionics airworthiness comply with specifications recommended by the manufacturer and ICAO.
• Carrying out periodic reviews of the airworthiness status of aircraft on the register.
• Inspects aircrafts to ensure AF/PP airworthiness and adhere to specifications recommended by the manufacturer.
• Prepares inspection report on compliance with manufacturers’ standards and standards set by ICAO and Uganda.
• Surveys aircraft maintenance organizations for issue, renewal and review of Uganda CAA maintenance approvals for AF/PP.
• Assesses personnel, capital and technical capacity of organizations undertaking aircraft maintenance and advises for approval.
• Carries out assessment to assure ICAO and CAA on organizations ability to undertake repairs to the manufacturers’ specifications and ICAO standards.
• Reports to CAA recommending approval, renewal or cancellation of organizations certificates.
• Conducts initial and periodic surveillance on facilities of holders of Air Operators Certificate (AOC)
• Evaluates the operations to ensure attainment of the ICAO standards and CAA standards in their operations.
• Gives inspection reports of AOCs to facilitate issuance of renewals with FOPS.
• Approves aircraft maintenance programs and schedules.
• Conducts inspections to approve aircraft maintenance programs and schedules.
• Approves/validates maintenance programs and schedules after carrying inspection to ensure safety.
• Prepares a report to validate or postpone the maintenance programs and schedules.
• Coordinates license applications with the licensing section.
• Liaises with licensing sections to obtain applications.
• Undertakes avionics surveillance on applications.
• Undertakes aircraft inspection to ensure safety standards and timely reports to license section for actioning (after 2 days).
• Participates in the development of an examination bank
• Develops examination papers for Flight Maintenance Engineers and Pilots regularly to be included in CAA examination bank.
• Regularly (quarterly) develops avionics examinations to be put in CAA examination bank.
• Maintaining databank of maintenance organizations
• Maintains data of relevant organizations and institutions, which relate to function of airworthiness.
• Develops a data bank of aircraft to maintenance organizations, over haulers, processors, and materials suppliers.
• Approves existing and new aviation training institutions.
• Inspects new and established avionic training institutions to approve the syllabus/ensure infrastructure compliance to ICAO and Uganda standards.
• Makes recommendations for approval or denial of the institutions.
• Human Resource Management
• Supervises, leads and develops subordinate staff.
• Sets SMART staff objectives
• Regularly appraises staff.
• Motivates and mentors staff.
• Ensures that laid down regulations, procedures and policies are adhered to by the staff.
• Carries out any other lawful assignment allocated by the immediate Supervisor.
• The jobholder is cooperative and readily responds to any ad hoc tasks assigned to him/her.
• Essential Requirements 1. An Aircraft Maintenance Engineer’s License in “A” and “C” i.e Airframe and power plants
• At least 5 years’ experience in Aircraft and Power Engines Maintenance or Inspections in a reputable
• Civil Aviation organization or Airline.
• At least 3 years’ experience releasing aircraft to service.
• Should be under 55 years of Age
1. An honors Degree in Mechanical or Electrical or Aeronautical Engineering or
• Higher National Diploma in Mechanical or Electrical or Aeronautical Engineering
• Management or supervisory experience
• Completed Aircraft Type trainings.
• Aviation safety related trainings
• Conversant with relevant ICAO SARPs.
• Knowledge Must be computer literate
• Special skills and attributes:
• Leadershipand managerial skills.
• Team work
• High level of integrity.
How to apply.
To view the above-mentioned job advertisements and apply, please enter the link https://recruitment.caa.co.ug into your browser(Preferably Microsoft Edge) to create an account and start the application process.
• Sign up to create an account(New Users). Fill in all the required information.
• An email verification OTP will be sent to your Email
• Copy and paste the verification.
• Log in with your Email and password
• Create a CV before proceeding
• Click Home and there you will see the advertised job. To apply, click the “Apply”button. Thereafter,an email message will be sent to confirm your application was successful.
• Internal job Advertisement; Senior Flight Operations Inspector - 2022
• Please note that falsification of information is an offense in UCAA. You are advised to only apply for the jobs where you meet the minimum requirements as indicated in the job description as well as be very sincere while responding to the application questionnaire.
• Physical/hard copy applications will not be accepted.
• NB: The internal candidates who submitted applications need not re- apply.
o For any inquires or assistance, please contact TEL: +256-312-352000.
o Applications are to be received not later than 5:00 pm, 3rd October
2022. It is the duty of the applicant to ensure that his/her application is received by the indicated date and late applications will not be entertained under any circumstances.
c) In your CV please include contacts of two credible referees i.e one professional (Past or present employer/supervisor) and the other for character assessment.
We pledge to conduct a transparent recruitment process!
The Director Human Resource & Administration,
Uganda Civil Aviation Authority (Head Office),
P.O. Box 5536,
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.