Shaw holdings a Company, in the trading of Wines & Spirits is looking for competent personnel to fill this role.
This position is ideal for an Accountant that is looking to play a key role in managing day to day business of the company. The role would best suit an all-rounder that is able to manage a team as well as provide input into the optimizing of operations and overall strategy formulation.
Purpose of Role
The ideal candidate Must be very conversant with the Hospitality industry and Execute a set of activities including a comprehensive set of controls designed to mitigate risks and identify opportunities through monitoring, controlling, and evaluating business performance against plan and generating insights to inform decisions and action.
- Planning, implementation, and management of the Company’s financial strategy (in collaboration with the Directors and senior management team).
- Management of Company’s fiscal activities including budgeting, forecasting, reporting, and auditing.
- Implementation of internal controls for the business to mitigate financial risks with key emphasis on inventory and the order to billing cycle controls in the restaurants, hotel, and supermarket.
- Ensure full compliance with requisite statutory and contractual obligations and covenants.
- Drive process improvements to improve efficiencies and minimize operational costs.
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders including critical suppliers and Customers.
- Provide leadership and direction to the finance and administration team.
- Qualified Professional Accountant
- At least 1-years working experience in a corporate environment preferably in a hospitality industry
- Proven track record in the area of Financial Accounting / Reporting and Financial Controlling
- Capable of working in a deadline-driven environment.
- Demonstrated English proficiency (read, write and speak)
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Relevant experience with Accounting Software TALLY is a MUST.
- MS applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Word, etc.)
Applications should be made through the Brightermonday Portal by clicking on the 'apply now' Button