Management & Business Development
The Sector Managers are responsible for the management, operation, and performance of the company's Units
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Entry level
- Experience Length:3 years
Job title: Sector Manager
Reporting to: Product Manager UPIA
Working hours: 0800-1730, Monday-Friday; 0800 – 1400, Saturday. Location: Uganda
Our client is a market leader in unsecured working capital solutions with a significant presence across multiple African countries. We empower micro and small businesses in Sub-Saharan Africa to grow and succeed by providing instant access to credit that unlocks business growth. Our products blend business credit with financial education to maximize the credit’s impact for business owners, and all are managed and delivered through our proprietary core banking platform.
Company Purpose: To Unlock Human Potential for Good
Company Mission: To Grow Business with Capital and Knowledge Company Vision: The first choice for MSME growth in Africa
Purpose of the position
The Sector Managers are responsible for the management, operation, and performance of the company Units. They oversee customer applications, approvals, disbursement of loans, and their collection. They directly deliver profitability by meeting sales and collections targets and are held responsible for the Sector's performance.
The Sector Manager reports to the Product Manager, UPIA.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Drive Revenue & Profitability. Achieve monthly targets for all units/branches.
- Support Unit Managers. Oversee, support, and develop managers in the Sector to run a high-performance team.
- Leadership & Problem-Solving. Support Unit Managers in the Sector in all unit functions, logistics, and performance issues with a view to attaining targets set and creating an efficient work environment for the Sector.
- Fraud Prevention. Ensure all fraud-related matters that occur in units are noted and reported within a reasonable timeframe.
- Engage in fraud prevention measures.
- Service Delivery. Ensure the delivery of first-rate customer service and ensure Unit Managers in the Sector follow the Customer Complaints procedure.
- Relationship Building. Build excellent relationships with customers, partners, and opinion leaders in the Sector.
- Reporting. Provide accurate and timely reporting of management information and market feedback to highlight customer preferences, market conditions, trends,
- opportunities, competitor information, and any other relevant information pertaining to the Sector or the Company as a whole.
- Financial Inclusion Reach. Promote the extension and deepening of financial inclusion outreach through new customer acquisition as well as customer retention.
- Customer Protection & Counter Indebtedness. Ensure all units in the Sector promote responsible lending by observing affordability SOPs, customer follow-ups, and SMART customer care standards.
- Provision of Relevant Products & Services. Ensure our products and services remain relevant by swift and accurate reporting of customer market intelligence.
- Perform such other tasks and duties as the Company may from time to time designate as forming part of the Sector Manager’s job description.
- High communications & presentation skills
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Organizational skills with attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- A Strong service ethos is essential
- A can-do, proactive, energetic attitude towards your work and people is a must.
- A good self- manager,
- You need to be a strong team player, prepared to get your hands dirty
- A ‘make it happen’, positive, energetic attitude to your day-to-day work
- Enthusiasm to hit the highest standards
- A practical approach to Issues and Challenges
- A desire to make a difference every day.
- Must currently be a Unit Manager in any market;
- Must have demonstrated leadership skills;
- Must have been graded 4 or above on a recent appraisal;
- Must have a good performance track record in his/her current market for 3 consecutive months hitting all KPIs;
- Must have successfully completed his/her probation period.
- Self-starter, problem solver, and able to work under minimal supervision
Product Manager UPIA
Direct line manager, who will offer ongoing support and supervision, as well as the conduit to the Management Board
Implement internal work procedures and policies consistent with overall company goals and objectives
Manage and maintain these strategic relationships
Determine work priorities; schedule work assignments; select, orient, train, evaluate work performance, and recommend associated personnel action; provide staff with clear and concise written guidelines.
How to apply:
All applications will be received and Reviewed through Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Here' section
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.