SON Fish Farm Ltd is an established commercial tilapia fish farm, incorporated in 2005, as a Limited company, the pioneer cage fish farming on Lake Victoria and started operations in 2006.
SON Fish Farm has its own hatchery for tilapia seed production, using earthen ponds, the grow-out is done exclusively in cages, located in Lake Victoria.
SON Fish farm Ltd Sells and distributes whole round fresh Tilapia fish in Kenya under Lake Harvest Kenya and in Uganda under Lake Harvest Uganda.
SON is part of Lake Harvest Group, with other operations in Kenya, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Malawi, Botswana and South Africa.
It is located in Bugungu Prison, Njeru Municipality, Buikwe District and employs over 150 staff directly and over 1000 people indirectly through fish trading and supply of farm inputs, across East Africa
The Job holder accomplishes business development activities by researching and developing marketing opportunities and plans; implementing sales plans; managing staff.
Duties and Responsibilities;
- Driving sales initiatives and achieving desired targets with the overall responsibility of ROI.
- Planning & implementing various Strategic and Decision-making programs in line with the company vision.
- Identifying and developing new streams for long-term revenue growth and maintaining relationships with customers to achieve repeat/ referral and new business.
- Setting up the distribution strategy plan network facilitating both revenue and volume increase.
- Developing/ sustaining existing network & effectively managing the same.
- Motivate, mentor, guide, and monitor teams to achieve overall business and company goals.
- Work with customers to align customer preferences with brand needs and actively up-sells each business opportunity to maximize revenues and drive customer loyalty.
- Demonstrate excellent selling skills, strong communication skills, and a detailed understanding of the fish industry.
- Ensures sufficient brand exposure and awareness in the dealers’ segment (B2B) and retail segment (B2C) and maintain adequate point of sales visibility.
- Credit control and management with the main goal of eliminating bad debts and timely collection of company funds.
- To hold regular segmental meetings and ensure that all pressing issues are reported to further action.
- Ensure the best possible customer care and attend to all customer complaints in a timely and professional manner to enhance the superior customer experience.
- Achieves marketing and sales operational objectives by contributing marketing and sales information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Meets marketing and sales financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Determines annual and gross-profit plans by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas; projecting expected sales volume and profit; analyzing trends and results; establishing pricing strategies; recommending selling prices; monitoring costs, competition, supply, and demand.
- Accomplishes marketing and sales objectives by planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating advertising, merchandising, and trade promotion programs; developing field sales action plans.
- Identifies marketing opportunities by identifying consumer requirements; defining market, competitor's share, and competitor's strengths and weaknesses; forecasting projected business; establishing targeted market share.
- Improves product marketability and profitability by researching, identifying, and capitalizing on market opportunities; improving product packaging; coordinating new product development.
- Sustains rapport with key accounts by making periodic visits; exploring specific needs; anticipating new opportunities.
- Develop a sales strategy to achieve organizational sales goals and revenues, tracking sales goals and reporting results as necessary.
- Manage, develop, coach, control, and motivate the sales force to develop their skill to ensure that a high professional standard is achieved and monthly sales target and KPI targets are met.
- Track, collate, and interpret sales figures.
- Formulate sales policies and procedures.
- Conduct market research, competitor and customer analysis.
- Meet with customers to discuss their evolving needs and to assess the quality of our company's relationship with them.
- A Bachelor's degree in BCOM or Business Administration, or related field.
- 3-5 years' experience in marketing or sales in a senior management role.
- Understanding and knowledge of sales and marketing.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and creative thinking skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills.
- Knowledge of data analysis and report writing.
- The ability to understand and follow company policies and procedures.
- The ability to work under pressure.
Job application procedure
- This job description is not an exhaustive list of skills, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
- Provide a cover letter and CV with necessary supporting documents through the Brightermonday portal by March 31st, 2021 at 5:00 pm,
- Indicate POSITION APPLIED FOR in the subject line.
Only selected candidates that meet the requirements will be contacted.