COMPANY: STEEL & TUBE INDUSTRIES
1. Reports to : Head Sales
Interfaces: (titles of people you deal with, e.g. from other departments, sections, customers
2. Sales team
• Answer customers' questions about products, prices, availability, product uses, and credit terms.
• Contact regular and prospective customers to demonstrate products, explain product features, and solicit orders.
• Estimate or quote prices by use of price list, credit or contract terms and delivery dates.
• Visit potential customers for new business by initiating market research studies and analyzing their findings.
• Provide customers with quotations, brochures
• Negotiate the terms of a sales agreement and close sale with the customer through details of contracts and payments, and prepare sales contracts and order forms.
• Gather market and customer information and provide feedback on buying trends to the Business development manager
• Represent Steel and Tube Industries at trade exhibitions, events and demonstrations
• Identify new markets and business opportunities that can be exploited by Steel and Tube industries Limited.
• Record sales and send copies to the Head Sales by writing and submitting periodic reports to the Business Development Manager.
• Identify prospective customers by using business directories, following leads from existing clients, participating in organizations and clubs, and attending trade shows and conferences.
• Monitor market conditions, product innovations, and competitors' products, prices, and sales.
• Recommend products to customers, based on customers' needs and interests.
• Negotiate with retail merchants to improve product exposure such as shelf positioning and advertising.
• Obtain credit information about prospective customers. Keep accurate & relevant client information.
• Manage the delivery of company products in order to ensure that availability is maximised in line with product strategies and the needs of the market.
• Establish close working relationships with the stockists in order to gain high levels of stockist support and loyalty whilst enhancing understanding of the trading environment.
• Review your own sales performance
• Works as brand ambassador.
Safety and Ethics:
• Ensure cleanliness in and around the workplace.
• Facilitate security of company staff and property.
• Promote health and safety at the workplace.
• Encourage teamwork for the purpose of a smooth and prosperous management
• Help create a culture and atmosphere of hard work and high personal integrity.
• Safeguard the company's systems and Terms and Conditions of employment.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
Educational Qualifications & Functional / Technical Skills
Bachelor’s degree in Business or an equivalent.
2 years’ experience in selling tanks or a related field/ Product.
Knowledge of Smart Tanks is an added advantage
Strong negotiation and selling skills
Excellent interpersonal skills
Excellent communications skills, both orally and in writing
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications accompanied with a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), photocopies of academic documents and certificates, to