Direct Supervisor: Sales Manager
Department/Group: Sales / Customer Service Department
Candidates with strong communication skills who can make customers feel welcome in our showroom will stand out. You will help identify client needs, present and answer questions about our products and services and recommend solutions. A positive attitude and desire to promptly resolve potential customer issues or complaints will make you successful in this role.
You will be responsible for overseeing client and customer needs. The job description of a service coordinator involves managing a staff of service employees, resolving client issues and customer complaints, and ensuring that the company’s positive image and reputation remain intact.
A service coordinator recruits and trains customer service employees, manage the employee schedule, oversees daily employee interactions with customers, handles any complaints or questions, and reports to the store or company manager as necessary.
• Greet and direct customers.
• Schedule visits to the showroom for prospective clients to provide demonstrations on how various company products work.
• Performs sales activities and negotiates sales price discounts in consultation with the Sales Manager.
• Create and send Quotations to the client.
• Reviews LPO’s for orders, the progress of sales and generates regular reports as required by the Sales Manager.
• Renew Contracts/Service Level Agreements with existing clients.
• Seeks opportunities to persuade existing clients to purchase other products, upgrades, or add-ons to make more profitable sales.
• Promptly responds to customer queries and inquiries.
• Ensure that you are familiar with Automan International’s products and services to effectively answer customers’ questions about specific products/services.
• Stay up-to-date with new products/services.
• Administrative skills - i.e. Filing, quotation/tender writing
• Generate timely reports to the Sales Manager including closed sales, timelines, and sales projections.
• Take part in marketing activities to promote Automan International products and enhance the brand.
• Provide accurate information (e.g. product features, pricing, and after-sales services).
• Cross-sell products.
• Coordinate with the Sales team to provide excellent customer service.
• Inform customers about discounts and special offers.
• Provide customer feedback to the Sales Manager.
Role Related Competencies (Behavioral Indicators):
• Language - English and Kiswahili proficiency and eloquent.
• Communication skills - Professional Email Etiquette
• Presentable, well-groomed
• Customer service skills
• Highly motivated with a passion for excellence and business growth
• Able to develop external partnership and strategic alliances
• Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills
• Excellent team player
• Results and performance-oriented
• High level of planning and execution
• Has sound financial awareness and is profit-focused.
• Able to effectively manage internal and external relationships.
• Demonstrates the skill to work collaboratively with other functions with highly effective outcomes.
• Answer customers' questions about products, prices, availability, product uses, and credit terms.
• Contact regular and prospective customers to demonstrate products, explain product features, and solicit orders.
• Estimate or quote prices by use of price list, credit or contract terms, and delivery dates.
• Visit potential customers for new business by initiating market research studies and analyzing their findings.
• Provide customers with quotations, brochures
• Negotiate the terms of a sales agreement and close sales with the customer through details of contracts and payments, and prepare sales contracts and order forms.
• Gather market and customer information and provide feedback on buying trends to the Business development manager
• Identify new markets and business opportunities that can be exploited by the company
• Record sales and send copies to the Head Sales by writing and submitting periodic reports to the sales manager
• Identify prospective customers by using business directories, following leads from existing clients, participating in organizations and clubs, and attending trade shows and conferences.
• Monitor market conditions, product innovations, and competitors' products, prices, and sales.
• Recommend products to customers, based on customers' needs and interests.
• Negotiate with retail merchants to improve product exposure such as shelf positioning and advertising.
• Obtain credit information about prospective customers. Keep accurate & relevant client information.
• Manage the delivery of company products in order to ensure that availability is maximized in line with product strategies and the needs of the market.
• Recruits and trains customer service or human resources employees.
• Manages employee schedule.
• Acts as liaison between clients and company.
• Answers client and customer questions.
• Addresses and resolves any issues and complaints.
• Reports problems and unresolved issues to the manager or director.
• Writes up reports of client and customer activity or complaints.
• Presents reports to company director or manager.
• Devises ways to improve customer service and client relationships.
• Schedules meetings with prospective and existing clients.
• Meets with clients in person when working for a larger company such as a marketing firm.
• Travels locally for client visits or marketing pitches.
• Assists customers in a retail setting.
• Promotes company products and services.
• Assists associates and account executives in closing sales and bringing in new clients.
• Assists in designing new promotional materials.
• Researches consumer base to better serve the needs of the target demographic.
• Works with marketing and PR department to handle any media appearances.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills.
• Possesses detailed knowledge of company goals, products, and services.
• Exhibits strong organizational skills.
• Exhibits the ability to think creatively and analytically.
• Demonstrates strong leadership skills.
• Works well with a team.
• Demonstrates ability to use Microsoft Office Suite.
• Is willing and able to travel for client meetings.
• Is capable of conducting independent research.
• Maintains a professional but friendly and outgoing demeanor.
• Demonstrates strong problem-solving skills.
• Possesses strong persuasive skills.
• Is able to multi-task effectively.
• Understanding of the retail sales process
• Familiarity with consumer behavior principles
• Track record of achieving sales quotas and excellent customer delivery
• Excellent communication skills, capable of building trust relationships
• Ability to perform in fast-paced environments
• Flexibility to work various shifts
Education and Experience
• Hold a Diploma /Bachelor’s Degree in their respective field.
• 2-4 years previous work experience in customer service or client relations, specifically in their field.
• Strong negotiation and selling skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Result oriented
• Excellent communications skills, both orally and in writing
All applications will be received and Reviewed through the Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Now ' section