The Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU) is a statutory body established under Section 9 of the Petroleum (Exploration, Development and Production) Act 2013, and in line with
the National Oil and Gas Policy for Uganda which was approved in 2008. The mandate of the Petroleum Authority of Uganda is to monitor and regulate the exploration, development and production, together with the refining, gas conversion, transportation and storage of petroleum in Uganda. This includes ensuring that petroleum operations in Uganda are carried out in accordance with the relevant laws, regulations, guidelines, statutes and in line with international best practice for the petroleum industry.
The Petroleum Authority of Uganda now invites applications from qualified Ugandans who fully meet the required job specifications and with the right personal attributes to occupy the following positions in the Authority’s established structure.
To monitor and execute risk engagements and make recommendations for the management of new and existing risks.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
a) To assist in conducting an organization-wide risk assessment, and monitor emerging risks
b) To gather risk information in the Authority, and conduct risk reviews to establish
if all required action is implemented to ensure that the Authority risks are within acceptable levels.
c) To operationalize the risk management framework in the Authority and assist
in training staff on risk management activities.
d) To assist in coordinating the Enterprise risk management activities of Authority.
e) To assist in following up on the implementation of audit recommendations and report on management compliance and response to regulatory and Audit reviews.
f) Identifying key risks and assessing mitigating controls to determine the risk profile for the Authority.
g) Identify emerging risks that present new regulatory risks.
h) Assess and identify potential risks that may hinder the reputation, safety, security, and financial status of the Authority.
i) Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
a) An honors bachelor’s degree in Accounting and Finance, Business
Administration/ Commerce from a recognized University.
b) Certification in either Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or ACCA, is required.
a) Possession of any additional qualifications like CRISK, CIRM, and CRMA.
a) Three (3) years experience in conducting audit work in a similar corporate setting.
Character & Competencies
a) Demonstrate excellent technical knowledge of; Risk Management, Audit planning and implementation, Quality assurance, Investigation, Data analytics and reporting
b) Excellent analytical skills
c) Innovative and with a proven high level of integrity
d) Excellent communication and report writing skills
e) Excellent Interpersonal skills
All applications should reach the PAU’s website www.pau.go.ug by Monday 4th October 2021 at 11:59 pm.
1. ONLY online applications will be considered. Applications submitted by e-mail will not be accepted.
2. Applicants are required to scan and attach CERTIFIED copies of the required academic documents only e.g. Degree, Transcript, Diploma, A-level and O-level certificates, and PLE results slip.
3. Academic documents for the successful candidates will be vetted and background checks conducted before they are considered for appointment into the Authority.
4. Only short-listed and successful candidates will be contacted, and any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.
5. All appointments shall be subject to a probationary period of not more than six months and subsequent confirmation in service will be based on satisfactory performance of the individual.
6. Please forward any inquiries regarding this advert to firstname.lastname@example.org or call telephone number +256 313231500.
“PAU is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge any money to any applicant for employment in its Service”
PETROLEUM AUTHORITY OF UGANDA