Reports to: Operation Manager
Duty stations: West Nile, Western and Southern Uganda.
Available number of positions : 3
Deadline of application: 30 September 2021
WASSHA Africa Uganda Ltd is a fast-growing start-up solar energy company in Uganda offering alternative energy solutions to people who have no or limited access to power. We empower them by offering affordable and clean energy services to enhance their businesses and/or improve their standards of living.
Our company vision is “Unlock Humankind’s Limitation” and our aim is to change what was “unable” to “able”.
We are part of the WASSHA group with a presence in Japan, Tanzania and with expansion prospects to several countries in Africa. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to achieve this vision together.
We are looking for motivated and capable regional operational leaders who will enable us to expand our business in regions in Uganda where we have no footprint yet.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Implement company Vision, Mission and Values, and policies at the regional level, and provide leadership and motivate all employees and be a role model.
- Develop regional strategies for sales, marketing, and operations, execute in the region, and share results and measures to be taken in a timely manner.
- Oversee all operations in the responsible region, including, sales, marketing, and collaborate and align with customer support, supply chain, engineering, and accounting.
- Plan, select, contract (consultancy), and manage marketing representatives required in regional operations to achieve operational targets. Train and instruct the marketing representatives responsible.
- Monitor improvement and come up with measures to increase sales or make decisions on discontinuing contracts.
- Strategize ways to increase profitability, and propose any realistic measures through to management.
- Compile regular summaries of sales and other activities in the region responsible, as well as providing insight and prospects of the region responsible, and report promptly to the Operations Manager.
- Manage customer relations directly in the field where necessary.
- Plan, execute, and monitor expenses and costs in the responsible region so that the regional profitability is achieved in accordance with alignment with the Operations Manager.
- Provide accountability and prompt the teams to do the same.
- Track and review kiosk Sales Weekly and design corrective actions where necessary.
- Carry out monthly and weekly meeting reviews to make relevant and specific recommendations for action to management.
- Identify new sales opportunities and focus the sales effort to capitalize on such opportunities.
- Lead a team of marketing representatives and maximize their performance, through strong leadership, coaching, and mentoring skills, a positive attitude, high energy levels, and a tenacious yet diplomatic approach.
- Identify, recruit and train new marketing representatives to ensure they have all the basics and knowledge to be able to work in the field with minimal supervision.
- Plan and share marketing representative daily activities in the task format in a timely manner.
- Closely monitor marketing representatives to ensure planned daily activities are executed and give all necessary support required to ensure successful completion of these tasks.
- Work closely with the customer support team to ensure kiosk issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Coordinate with the supply chain and engineering teams to align stock levels and ensure smooth delivery and operations to the warehouses.
- Select optimal and strategic position of warehouses and consider delivery methods and costs to execute the plan.
- Any other duties assigned by your supervisor and senior management.
Skills & Qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree in any filed
- 3 years working in a marketing-related role.
- Bulk data analysis skills
- Good PC management skills
- Great leadership skills
- Great training capability
- Great planning and organization skills
- Persuasive nature
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work quickly and effectively under pressure
- A team player towards the common vision of the company
- Be honest, disciplined, and with integrity
How to apply:
Send CV, Application Letter, and academic transcripts in PDF through Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Now ' section not later than 30th September 2021 at 18:00 (EAT)
Prompt applicants will be considered first.