Position: Quantity Surveyor
Reports to: Enabling Infrastructure Package Manager
Division: Enabling Infrastructure
Direction: Tilenga Project
Location: Site, Uganda
The job holder is responsible for the following.
• Track changes to the design and/or construction work and adjust budget projections accordingly.
• Measure and value the work done on site.
• Verify certificates of work for payment.
• Liaise with the contractor’s construction professionals, such as site managers, project managers and site engineers.
• Advise on contract interpretation.
• Check the selection and/or source of construction materials.
• Write reports on construction progress.
• Minimise the cost and risk of a construction project and enhance value for money, while still achieving the required time schedule.
• Keep track of any variations to the contract that may affect costs and create reports to document the same.
• Ensure methods of measurement and valuation are appropriate to the work, fair to client and contractor and technically applicable under the site conditions.
• Analyze the drawing and specifications of the works and build up an independent cost estimate
Quantity surveyors manage the costs on a construction project. Quantity surveying relies on technical measurement tools for accurate cost results. This senior role is expected to have a global vision of the engineering, procurement, and construction to be able to predict delays and cost increases and advise the project management in advance. They help to ensure that the construction project is completed within its projected budget and that work is valued and paid for fairly
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIRED EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
• Minimum 5-8 years experience in civil engineering
How to apply
Interested applicants who meet the criteria as outlined above are encouraged to send a detailed CV ONLY by email to: Via email: firstname.lastname@example.org Subject of your email should be the position you are applying for Do not hesitate to contact us, if you have any questions or need any clarifications Tel. & WhatsApp: +256 (0) 761 441 554 Deadline for CV submission: Thursday, December 2nd, 2021 – 5:00 PM.