Our client is an independent trading firm. Founded in 2017, we are part of the next generation of companies defining the future of global commodity trading. Although we have experienced very strong growth so far, we are still near the start of our journey. We have ambitions to go a lot further.
Energy in one form or another is fundamental to almost all the world's economic activities. By understanding the demand, supply, and logistics of these commodities, we can better understand the world.
Over the years we have grown organically. In light of our further ambitions to be the best in all markets we enter, we would like to welcome into our tech team a Python Back-end Developer for a 6-months contract. The candidate should already be on a successful career path and looking to take the next step with increased responsibility and be a part of our growth story.
Although the contract is for 6 months, yet there is a huge potential to be converted to an internal hire based on performance, passion & commitment. The contract is not tied to any specific project; thus, if the candidate proves he/she is a right fit, then they will be provided with the opportunity to join as an internal hire by the end of the contract.
6-months contract for a Python Back-end role
Possibility to convert into an internal hire based on performance, passion & commitment.
- Lifelong learning with continuous reflection.
- Independent thinking through a meritocracy of ideas.
- The team is more important than the individual
- Being the best in any market we enter.
- Hiring and keeping only the most effective people.
- Others must benefit from our existence.
Python Back-end Developer - Dubai or Remote
Starting remuneration of 15K to 22K AED per month, 0% Tax environment.
Our client is on a mission to build the most advanced European electricity trading and analytics platform, with our technology being used by our teams of commercial traders to create significant value. Being a Back-end developer of our team, you will work on exciting challenges that come with large-scale data processing, automation, and analytics.
We work in an agile and highly collaborative environment and challenge the norms of traditional business leadership. We are looking for enthusiastic and resourceful engineers who are passionate about building highly reliable and performance data processing solutions. You want to help the commercial team make data-informed decisions, have a curious mindset, and are motivated to understand our business better.
Developing a strong domain knowledge of our industry over time is key to long-term success in this role.
This is a rare opportunity to be part of the growth of a major player in the European Electricity Markets. We are looking for someone who would be committed to the long-term success of the business. We operate in the European Energy markets, but our commercial trading operations are in Dubai, UAE.
We are looking for a superstar experienced Back-end developer to join our Tech team. You will be responsible for the server side of our applications with the potential of also participating in setting the right Infrastructure and developing the needed tools for our Analytics.
If you have excellent programming skills, strong problem-solving skills and a passion for developing/improving applications utilizing cutting edge technologies, then we would like to meet you.
- Gather and address technical and design requirements.
- Implement new features requested by our business and trading team.
- Refactor existing applications to optimize its performance through setting the appropriate architecture and integrating the best practices and standards.
- Participate in the entire application lifecycle mainly focusing on coding, debugging and testing.
- Troubleshoot and debug applications.
- BSc degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering. Masters is a plus.
- Strong in-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development, and deployment)
- Strong competencies in algorithms and software architecture.
- 3+ years of experience as a Python Back-end developer.
- 4+ years of work experience in Python coding language.
- 3+ years of experience in developing REST APIs.
- Strong experience in Relational Databases (MySQL, SQL Server or PostgreSQL).
- Experience in non-relational databases (Mongo DB, Cassandra) is a big plus.
- Experience using AWS cloud and its resources/services is a big plus.
- Previous experience in automated testing including unit testing & UI testing.
- Strong knowledge in Continuous Integration & Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) utilizing Docker containers.
- Excellent analytical, time management and teamwork skills.
It can be remotely with periodic travel to Dubai.
Jumeirah Business Centre 2, Cluster V, Jumeirah Lake Towers, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Some videos for your reference:
Who is Elexon? For the UK market, they are the system administrator.
Some general information about electricity trading arrangements in the UK
Elexon sushi video. Tries to explain the balancing of the UKs electricity grid
The videos above are UK centric, but our current interest is Europe wide. Feel free to research the other markets. This is a longer video that to me explains why there is such large opportunity going forward for the electricity traders who are able to efficiently analyse supply and demand fundamentals and move power between countries, for the benefit of all.
As mentioned in the add, once Europe is conquered, we do genuinely intend on going global. The American power markets look next on the plate, followed by the Australian and Japanese.