The Project Manager will have full project life cycle ownership and will be responsible for the overall project strategy and set up of the project for success.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Executive level
- Experience Length:15 years
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR A PROJECT MANAGER
Reporting to: The Chief Operating Officer
The Project Manager will have full project life cycle ownership and will be responsible for the overall project strategy and set up of the project for success. The Project Manager will provide leadership for the project team by building and motivating team members to meet project goals, adhering to their responsibilities to meet the project milestones and deliverables. He / She will be the end-to-end responsible for ensuring that the project objectives and outcomes are met on behalf of the company.
JOB ROLES AND EXPECTATIONS:
Key Result Area
Key Roles / Duties
Project Initiation and Planning
- Full project life cycle ownership: successful project delivery will include full implementation from initiation to the deployment of big Solar energy Projects.
- Manage all aspects of multiple related projects to ensure the overall program is aligned to and directly supports the achievement of strategic objectives
- Prepare estimates and a detailed project plan for all phases of the project
- Ensure adequate and effective planning is done to deliver project success using the right team and the right resource controls.
- Develop robust and extensive cost and commercial planning for the project to safeguard the Company’s commercial interests from start and ensure the achievement of the Company’s financial targets in the project.
- Ensure Value for Money for The Company in all project delivery activities and advise on how to achieve the best outcomes for Company.
- Procure adequate resources to achieve project objectives in planned timeframes
- Manage a portfolio of complex initiatives that span along with the Company’s Business lines business
- Define an appropriate Communication Plan to ensure that appropriate and effective communication is done to all levels of the organization (Executive, Middle-Management, and General Staff) during the Project Lifecycle
- Demonstrate a functional acumen to support how solutions will address client goals while maintaining alignment with industry best practices
- Technical support for the preparation & review of construction specifications.
- Review of the sub-contractor's work programs, method statements, and proposed human & equipment resourcing before acquisition.
- Participate and/or drive feasibility studies, vendor selections, and proposals for evaluation by appropriate key stakeholders.
- Define the Statement of Work and Specifications for the requested goods and services
- Define success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout the project and program life cycle,
- Identify and develop trusted adviser relationships with project and program stakeholders, sponsors, and university stakeholders.
Project Execution, Monitoring, and Control
- Set and continually manage project and program expectations while delegating and managing deliverables with team members and stakeholders.
- Report on project success criteria results, metrics, test and deployment management activities
- Ensure that projects and programs are proceeding according to scope, schedule, budget, and quality standards; Manage any project scope and changes
- Manage the day-to-day project activities and resources and chair the project management team meetings.
- Provide status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverables, dependencies, risks, and issues, communicating across leadership
- Supervise the subcontractors’ work progress vs. the planned project schedule and ensure that delays are being kept to a minimum; wherever possible, ensure the subcontractors take measures to make up for time lost and pull the project back to the planned schedule
- Work with the Environment Social Security Safety team to ensure that subcontractors and staff comply with NEMA & UKEF
- Environmental & Social governance Standards and other financial institution requirements in the project.
- Supervise the subcontractors’ activities, ensuring that all works are undertaken as per approvals from the Client and that all quality standards are met.
- Manage project and program issues and risks to mitigate the impact on baseline
- Act as an internal quality control check for the project; Manage all quality assurance and control issues in the project
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations to various audiences, including the project team, sponsors, Top Management, and key stakeholders
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project and program team, analyze results and troubleshoot problem areas
- Inspection and certification of completed works to prepare for acceptance and handover to the client.
- Ensure snag lists are prepared after substantial completion of works
- Ensure preparation of the ‘substantial completion report’ before technical handover to the Client and/or his representative 32. Ensure resolution of any snags during Defects Liability Period 33. Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel 34. Monitor, track, and control outcomes to resolve issues, conflicts, dependencies, and critical path deliverables.
- Prepare Lessons Learned documentation to ensure that project learnings are carried over into other projects
Other duties as assigned
- Establishment of Performance reviews for Project Team Staff and set up development programs to improve performance 37. Monitor the performance of staff
- Define professional development initiatives for Project Team staff to keep abreast of emerging technologies, methods, and best practices
- Coach, mentor, motivate, and supervise project and program team
- Participate in establishing practices, templates, policies, tools, and partnerships to expand and mature project delivery capabilities for the organization
- Work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation, and excellence
- Provide an extensive understanding of project and program management principles, methods, and techniques
- Understand interdependencies between technology, operations, and business needs
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
Business Case Development
- Ability to work with Top Management to understand the Development objectives and business benefits targeted by the project
- Advice on available options and cost of delivery to ensure the most effective way of achieving project and company objectives.
- Contribute to the preparation of a business case setting out a return on investment.
Leadership and Teamwork
- Establish clear goals with the members of his team, Teamwork including Project Engineers, Engineering Assistants, Surveyors, and other team members.
- Foster a culture that is focused on meeting customer and business needs
- Provide constructive feedback, coach, and support others to make the best of their abilities.
- Agree what he/she expects of others and hold them to account
- Manage conflict within the team.
Organization and Governance
- Ability to identify the mix of expertise, knowledge, and Governance capabilities required to achieve the project purpose
- Agree with the project team structure and define responsibilities and reporting lines for each role
- Make sure team members understand relevant policies, procedures, security, and legal responsibilities.
- Develop work and product breakdown structure.
- Planning defining work activities and ‘products’ to be delivered at each stage.
- Identify dependencies and sequence activities into a realistic schedule; estimate the type, cost, and timing of resources.
- Factor constraints on resource availability, skill levels, organizational capabilities, readiness, and costs into the plan.
- Use estimation and planning tools and techniques to drive precision and accuracy in plans
- Agree on the baseline plan with stakeholders.
Project Risk Management
- Carry out risk assessments, involving stakeholders and Management referring to specialists where relevant (e.g. legal and regulatory requirements)
- Evaluate risk likelihood and impact and prioritize them for analysis and response planning
- Agree and communicate an appropriate risk response plan.
- Discuss quality expectations with stakeholders and Management agree on acceptance criteria
- Document the quality plan and agree on it with stakeholders
- Confirm that completed deliverables meet customer quality criteria, and secure their acceptance.
Change Control and Configuration Management
- Respond promptly to critical events and requests for change, assessing the potential impact on the project Configuration scope and objectives and challenging constructively
- Management where appropriate
- Ensures the application of a change control process and procedures
- Use version control and controlled distribution of project-related documents.
Progress Monitoring and Control
- Analyze and report performance, resource usage, and Monitoring and expenditure against the plan.
- Examine any areas that exceed agreed tolerances and take corrective action.
- Lead/contribute to regular status meetings to review the ‘health’ of the project with key stakeholders.
Application of Project and Programme Management and Tools
- Tailor and apply best practice processes and tools to Project and meet business needs.
- Continuously improve the effectiveness of processes in Management the area of expertise.
Communication and Knowledge Sharing
- Get messages understood by adopting a wide range of knowledge styles, tools, and techniques.
- Share information, good practice, and expertise with others.
- Present sound and well-reasoned arguments to convince others.
- Listen actively and objectively without interrupting.
- Respond to and discuss issues without being defensive.
Stakeholder Relationship Management
- Identify stakeholders and gather information to Relationship understand their needs and expectations.
- Confidently engage with stakeholders to build commitment and support.
- Communicate progress regularly (no surprises) to the project sponsor, any key stakeholders, and project team members.
- Recognize when there are conflicts, acknowledge the feelings and views of the people involved, and redirect their energy to a common goal.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in either Civil Engineering, Water Resources Engineering, Irrigation Engineering, Construction Management, Quantity Surveying, Land Surveying, Electrical Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering.
- A minimum of 15 years of relevant experience. Relevant experience in the small, medium, and large-scale irrigation projects will be an added advantage.
- Must be registered with the relevant industry and professional bodies
- Certification in project management will be an added advantage
How to apply.
All applications will be received and Reviewed through Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Now ' section
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.