• Technical Support to the Project and Sub-grantees
• Provide technical and project management leadership and strategic direction to ensure programmatic and financial integrity of the project and to achieve rapid and sustained objectives and targets
• Mentor, support, supervise and manage a team of highly qualified technical staff and align their efforts to ensure rapid and sustainable results
• Ensure compliance with the terms of the award and with USAID Operational policies and regulations.
• Develop and maintain strong working relationships with USAID, Ministry of Health as well as other sub-grantees.
• Represent USAID IDI PACT-Karamoja Activity during donors and other key stakeholders’ forums.
• Lead USAID IDI PACT-Karamoja annual work planning processes in close collaboration with USAID, Ministry of Health’s National TB and Leprosy Division, key stakeholders and the project team.
• Oversee the work of the subgrantees to ensure that agreed targets and objectives are achieved in a timely manner.
• Work closely with the operational research team to prioritize operational research topics relevant to improved TB response in the region for implementation, documentation and dissemination of lessons learned in key forums at national, regional and international levels.
• Monitoring Evaluation and Learning
• Work with M&E Learning team to monitor performance of the PACT-Karamoja Activity against the approved AMELP
• Oversee the preparation of quality PACT- Karamoja progress reports, timely submission to USAID and dissemination.
• Work with finance team to develop and track project budgets.
• Review and approve activities and expenditures as will be determined by the project and USAID priorities.
Desirable Skills & Qualities
• Demonstrated experience and knowledge in establishing project systems and overseeing project start-up and close-out
• Experience hiring and supervising personnel and ensuring they acquire the necessary training and skills to meet evolving project needs
• Excellent diplomacy skills and a proven ability to establish and maintain interpersonal and professional relationships with USAID, the Ministry of Health’s National TB and Leprosy Program and representatives from other key stakeholders such as NGOs.
• In-depth knowledge of USAID projects, regulations, compliance and reporting requirements
• Demonstrated outstanding leadership, strategic thinking, organizational, team-building, and representational skills
• Excellent verbal, written interpersonal and presentation skills in English
• A Bachelor’s Degree in a health-related field, e.g., medicine, human nutrition, and a Master’s Degree in a Health-related field preferably Public Health.
• At least five years’ work experience within a government institution/NGO with proven ability to coordinate activities of different stakeholders at a national level.
• Excellent grasp of TB, TB/ HIV, MDR TB performance improvement methodologies.
Click on the 'Apply Here' section to submit your application