The main role of this position is to help the project achieve proper coordination systems and practices and generate evidence-based feedback to enable it to achieve its intended objectives of the project
- Minimum Qualification:Masters
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:7 years
Korea Environmental Agriculture Development Institute (KEADI) is non-profit corporation established in 2019. The purpose of the institution is not only to contribute to the development of agriculture and rural area for South Korea and Abroad but also solve the global issues such as environmental pollution, food security, climate change, etc.
Currently, KEADI started implementing one of the South Korea’s grand aid projects through Korea International Cooperation Agency (KOICA) titled,” Institutional Capacity Support to the National Farmers’ Leadership center in Uganda (2021~2028)” Main objective of the project is to enhance sustainable NFLC and achieve the goal of “Development of high quality of agricultural human resources, turning NFLC into a leading training center for East Africa.”
Therefore, KEADI is looking for suitable qualified, experienced, and motivated person to fill the following position.
PROJECT COORDINATOR (1 VACANCY)
Duration: 1 year (Possible extension depending on the performance)
Duty Station: Kampiringisa , mpigi
Reports to: Project Leader
Job Summary: The main role of this position is to help the project achieve proper coordination systems and practices and generate evidence-based feedback to enable it to achieve its intended objectives of the project
Duties & Responsibilities
Scope of Work
- Under the immediate supervision of the Project Leader, the project coordinator will perform the following tasks:
- Assist project to develop and guide the project implementation Framework and work plans
- Based on the framework develop simple and user category wise monitoring format and its guidelines to be used in the implementation process.
- Assist to execute the project implementation plan.
- Assist to develop output, outcome, and impact level indicators for project progress monitoring.
- Assist to prepare annual plans and reports that are consistent with the project operational framework
- Responsible for overall support to the project management which includes implementation and monitoring of project and activities.
- Develop and sustain liaison with key stakeholders.
- Prepare and disseminate timely analytical and critical reports including proposals and project documents.
- Liaise with local authorities and community members to view project outputs and beneficiaries, in order to ensure that progress is made in the achievement of project objectives.
- Design and maintain databases of indicators relating to the project.
- Provide continuing liaison with other development agencies to improve the project.
- Ensure timely and efficient communication with stakeholders for the good implementation of the project activities.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual progress reports on the progress of the project and related government plans.
- Ensure compliance to KOICA’s policies, criteria, and procedures with respect to the project.
- Periodically monitor the management of risks and report on any actions taken.
- Undertake the entire project planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, human resources management.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Develop Recording and Reporting Forms and Formats for NLFC Project
- Assist to develop/modifying recording and reporting templates and formats
- Help in testing, modifying, and finalizing the recording and reporting forms and formats
Capacity Building of project Staff on implementation and execution of project activities
- Conduct staff need identification survey among project and NFLC staff and identify capacity-building gaps
- Develop an appropriate training package in consultation with partners and stakeholders
- Organize capacity-building training of staff to minimize performance and capacity gaps
Prepare Monthly, Trimester, and Annual Reports
- Assist the project to compile periodic progress data
- Assist the project to compile monthly, trimester, and annual progress reports data
- Guide project staff to prepare field monitoring reports and help them to disseminate for feedback
Assist in project Evaluation Work
- Help the project prepare Terms of Reference (ToR) for any program/project evaluation
- Help the project prepare, a Request for Proposal (RFP) to invite potential evaluators/bidders
- Help the project to evaluate RFP, select appropriate consulting firm, prepare contract papers, assess inception report, and draft report, finalize the evaluation report, and disseminate it at the appropriate level
Qualification, Skills & Experience
- Master’s degree holder in international development, project management, political science, policy analysis, social science, economics, or relevant area.
- Knowledge and experience in project coordination, human resource management, and evaluation systems.
- Knowledge and experience in construction and procurement are assets.
- At least seven (7) years of experience in project planning and results-based management.
- Excellent writing and analytical skills in drafting concept notes and reports.
- Understanding and knowledge of basic computer applications such as MS Words, Excel, excel, and database management.
- Experience working within the Development agencies preferably in the government system
- Proficiency in spoken and written English language and local language (Luganda)
- Professionalism - Knowledge of the KOICA systems. Demonstrated ability to manage processes and maintain accurate records.
- Ability to work independently and to maintain flexibility in working hours.
- Planning and Organising – Demonstrated effective organizational skills and the ability to handle work in an efficient and timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate tasks to meet deadlines.
- Teamwork – Good interpersonal skills; ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective work relationships with counterparts.
- Communication – Ability to write in a clear and concise manner and to communicate effectively orally.
- Results-driven and initiative-taking behavior
- Ability to plan and organize work and establish priorities
- Remains calm and in control even under pressure, and consistently approaches work with energy and a positive and constructive attitude
- Informed, sound, and transparent decision-making skills
- Thoroughly and methodically collects, verifies, and records data, demonstrating attention to detail and identifying and correcting errors of his/her own initiative
Orientation and Communication
- Good interpersonal and networking skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with colleagues and seniors
- Supports and encourages open communication in the team and facilitates teamwork
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders from a wide range of disciplines and fields, from districts, Central Level, and District Level Project Implementation Units, and having diverse and competing views and interests
How to Apply
Send your application outlining your career aspirations and salary expectations in either Microsoft Office Word Format or PDF format including your curriculum vitae/resume and photocopies of academic documents not exceeding 5 pages through the Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Now ' section
Please note that only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted, and any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification
Deadline for submission of application
Sun, 15th August 2022 EAT
Recruitment schedule (Tentative)
Application review result: 23rd August, Tue
Interview: 25th August, Thurs
Result: 29th August, Mon
Contract start: Sep 1st
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.