Reports to: Country Director, Uganda office
Deadline to apply: May 14th, 2021
Expected starting date: June 2021
1. ABOUT ASF
Avocats Sans Frontières (ASF) is a development aid non-governmental organization whose work focuses on giving access to justice and protecting the fundamental rights of all people with a focus on most marginalized groups.
2. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
The Project Coordinator is tasked with the responsibility for the overall coordination and implementation of the ASF project From Access To Equality (FATE), Empowering women to access Justice in Uganda, including the management of local partners. In particular, the Coordinator will be responsible for the following specific duties.
• Lead the development of work plans and operational forecasts for the FATE project
• Design and supervise the implementation of activities under the FATE project and particularly provide support to project partners
• Write and submit quarterly reports to the Coordinator of Programs
• Prepare financial reports and accountability on implemented activities
• Ensure the project adheres to frameworks and all documentation is maintained appropriately
• Develop appropriate strategies for project risk identification, assessment, and mitigation
• Ensure ASF’s visibility throughout the projects’ management cycle
• Coordinate the creation and strengthening as well as oversight and supervision and mentorship of the pool of gender-sensitive community-based mediators in Acholi, Bunyoro, and Karamoja
• Coordinate capacity building and mentorship of a pool of identified civil society organizations, networks, community activists
• Coordinate the design and issuance of mini-grants for women empowerment, to support beneficiaries in taking initiatives for their own empowerment
• Design and oversee the creation of a community of practice made up of like-minded civil society organizations, networks, and local interest groups on access to justice for women
• Coordinate the development and usage of digital reporting systems/Platforms to provide a space to share practices, discuss challenges, and access external expertise through the project partners’ Case management and case referral.
• Define strategies of coordination including oversight of drafting Memorandums of Understanding with Civil Society Organisations, contracts with lawyers and volunteers, and ensure implementation of the same
• Present project results with and in collaboration with key partners by conducting evidence-based advocacy on behalf of the project, identifying possibilities for cooperation with key stakeholders, and promoting strategic partnerships.
• Ensure smooth coordination and cooperation among the team of staff and experts contributing to the project, as well as the co-implementing and associated project partners, by guaranteeing coherence and overall coordination of all components of the project
• Oversee all project evaluations and surveys to ensure they are comprehensive and relevant
• Coordinate research processes and outputs, to ensure they are high-quality and relevant.
Legal /Technical support
• Support Public Interest Litigation cases managed by ASF and its partners including; oversight in the design of strategies for legal representation of women victims of Gender Based Violence (GBV)
• Provide oversight in the Management and analysis of all data collected and production of monthly digests about trends and patterns;
• Advise project partners about the follow-ups, referrals, and legal actions to take from the cases identified
• Design the Standard Operating Practices (SoPs) for the collection, storage, and analysis of the data collected under the FATE program.
• Coordinate and initiate policy discussions with decision-makers using evidence gathered in the project to amplify the voices of the project’s final and intermediate beneficiaries
• Responsible for implementing Monitoring and Evaluation tools and reporting on data collected during ASF and partner activities
• Monitor data collection across all activities and ensure they are encoded on ASF databases
• Assist the Knowledge Manager and the Coordinator of programs in analyzing M&E data
• Centralize, store and archive all relevant documents informing the implementation of the projects
• Integrate lessons learned, recommendations, and best practices into the project management cycle and into the formulation of new programs
3. JOB PROFILE
• An advanced university degree (Master's degree or equivalent) in law, Gender studies, social sciences, or related areas is required.
• A first-level university degree in similar fields in combination with five additional years of qualifying relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
• Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice is an added advantage
• A minimum of five years of progressively responsible professional work experience in the area of gender justice is required.
• Experience in the management and coordination of programs/projects in an area relevant to women’s rights is required.
• Work experience in establishing and maintaining working relationships with civil society organizations is required.
• Work experience in evaluating and assessing Grants proposals is required.
• Work experience in conducting and/or coordinating research in the area of women’s rights is desirable.
• Work experience in the development of training materials regarding monitoring of procedural rights is desirable
• Work experience in setting up and coordinating information-sharing Platforms is desirable.
Knowledge and skills:
• Full proficiency of the project management cycle
• Strong coordination skills
• Strong writing and analytical skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to work in a multicultural team
• (IT proficiency) -Understanding and ability to use full office package
Languages; Fluency in English
How to apply
ASF is an equal opportunity employer; interested applicants should send a Cover letter, detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of academic transcripts; three reachable references, and salary expectations no later than May 14th, 2010, 5 pm (EAT).
ASF will only contact short-listed candidates
All applications will be received and Reviewed through Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Now ' section