Deadline of this Job:14 August 2020
The Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development through the Directorate of Geological Survey and Mines (Mines Department) is implementing the Mineral Wealth and Mining Infrastructure Project and Minerals Laboratories Equipping and systems Development Project.
In order to implement the above project efficiently and effectively, the Ministry seeks to recruit competent, trained and well-motivated persons to fill a number of vacancies in the Directorate of Geological Survey and Mines. The positions are on contractual basis and subject to renewal upon satisfactory performance.
Project Administrator (1 POSITION)
Report to: Commissioner, Mines
Prepare action plans; analyze risks and opportunities and managing the project resources, and providing project-specific support as set by the Project Coordinator Mineral Wealth and Mining Infrastructure Project.
Duties and responsibilities
• Provide day to day administrative support to the project team.
• Prepare for team meetings, record meeting minutes.
• Support the monitoring, evaluation, impact and consolidate progress reports on project.
Person specification Qualification
• Bachelor's Degree in Secretarial, Human Resource Management, Business Administration, Development Studies or Project Planning and Management from a recognized institution Postgraduate Diploma in any of the above fields is a must.
• At least four (4) years of professional working experience as a Project Administrator or a similar management role in a recognized and competitive institution.
Competencies: In-depth knowledge in project management, excellent communication skills (oral/written), ethics and integrity, time management, decision making. Proficiency in Microsoft suite (Excel, Access), extremely organized and focused, excellent interpersonal skills; ability to motivate and keep staff on task, Team player, propensity for multi-tasking, Self-motivated, customer-centric and have good analytical thinking.
Job application procedure
All suitably qualified candidates should submit applications together with detailed Curriculum Vitae, photocopies of academic and other relevant documents, names and addresses of three referees to the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development. Attn: Principal Human Resource Officer. Amber House, Second Floor Room, A 205, Kampala Road, Opposite Workers House not later than 14th August 2020 at 5:00 pm. The detail of the Job Advertisement (The Job duties and responsibilities) for the above positions can also be obtained from the Ministry's website: www.energyandminerals.go.ug
Please NOTE: The interviews for Askari and Cleaners will be held at the Regional offices.
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.