The Ministry of Health (MOH) has received a grant from the Center for Diseases Control and Prevention (CDC) Cooperative Agreement (CoAg), a strategic mechanism of the United States Government (USG) to implement activities in line with its mandate in support of the Public health response to HIV/AIDS and other health systems. CDC will be supporting a pool of Human Resources that are expected to lead the implementation of the grant. The staff to be recruited under this grant will be contacted by the MOH. The contracts are for one (1) year renewable subject to availability of funds and satisfactory performance of the staff.
Reports to: Senior Program Officer DLP
Works station: Kampala-MOH
Job Purpose: Providing technical guidance in the coordination and programming for the Regional Referral Hospital and District mechanisms.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Participating in developing policies, plans, strategies, guidelines and standards for Regional Referral Hospital and district health facilities.
• Providing technical assistance and guiding the process of budgeting and operational planning.
• Providing technical support in program management to a broad portfolio of Regional Referral Hospital, Implementing Partners and District health facilities.
• Managing collaborations and linkages on program activities with Public Private Partnerships, Government entities, Non-government Organizations and communities.
• Preparing periodic performance reports.
• Guiding, supervising, monitoring and coordinating staff activities.
• Supporting research initiatives.
• Participating in capacity building and development activities targeting Regional Referral Hospital districts health facilities and other health workers at various levels. Coordinating meetings with Regional Referral Hospital Implementing Partners and other key stakeholders
• Participating in the development of policies, plans and guidelines. Providing technical assistance in the budgeting process.
• Managing collaborations with stakeholders and ensuring that program activities are delivered.
• Preparing periodic reports.
• Coordinating and implementing meetings.
• Master's degree in Social Sciences, Public Health or Epidemiology from a recognized university OR Institution.
• Honors degree in Social Sciences, Arts or the equivalent from a recognized University/Institution
• Training in health management areas
• Trainings in social research methods and Behavior change communication for health from reputable institutions will be an added advantage
• Three (3) years relevant working experience in implementing HIV & AIDS related programs at national or regional level
Experience, skills and other requirements
Six (6) years relevant working experience in implementing public health and Regional Referral Hospital and District level support, with at least three (3) years at national level.
• Demonstrated leadership and supervision skills.
• Teamwork, excellent communication & writing skills
• Demonstrated knowledge of strategic planning and understanding of the strategic direction of Mol and PEPFAR programmes.
• Demonstrated advanced level skills in various computer packages
How to apply.
Application procedure Handwritten applications should be Hand Delivered to the Central Registry of the MOH Headquarters-Kampala between 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday to Friday addressed to:
The Permanent Secretary
Ministry of Health Headquarters (Central Registry)
Plot 6, Lourdel Road, Wandegeya
Tel. +256417-712260/ +256417-712221
Please include your telephone number and email contacts on the application. Applicants should attach the following:
a) Recent passport-size photograph.
b) Copy of the National Identity Card.
c) Detailed curriculum Vitae.
d) Certified copies of the academic certificates and transcripts.
e) Two recommendation letters from two of the most recent supervisors/employers.
f) A photocopy of your appointment letter for your most recent position.
The deadline for receiving applications is: Friday September 10, 2021; 5:00Pm. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The list of shortlisted candidates will be displayed on the MOH Noticeboard
Salary and Benefits: The position has attractive salary and benefits commensurate with qualifications and experience.