Directly Reports to EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Nama Wellness Community Center (NAWEC) is a locally registered nonprofit organization located at Lukojjo Kayunga Road, Nama Sub-county, Mukono District. Established in May 2014, our model focuses on strengthening the health system in Nama, a sub-county of about 80,000 residents. We do this through a model that includes four pillars: 1) training and mentoring CHWs, 2) building capacity of government health centers, 3) conducting clinical outreaches, and 4) providing excellent services and clinical training at the NAWEC HCIII.
We believe that the four pillars working together are the best way to achieve greater impact for the organization and the communities that we serve through working with community health workers, (Village Health Teams - VHTs),
The decision to start the organization was based on a thorough community-based assessment, which revealed a number of concerns linked to the limited access to quality health care.
since its inception, NAWEC has thus served the Nama sub-county region by providing comprehensive primary health care services through a facility and community-based approach.
- Manage all Nama Community Health Action Project operations, ensuring compliance with national policies and procedures, making appropriate improvements as needed.
- Contribute to the line management of staff and Village Health Teams (VHTs) within NCHAP project areas.
- Work closely with the senior management team, to ensure effective financial planning, management, and reporting in all project areas.
- Ensuring that the community health worker’s program implementation process complies with donor reporting requirements.
- Lead in the recruitment and community mapping exercise tasked to; identify VHTs, villages, and Government facilities for effective implementation of the program.
- Manage, through active leadership in the design of VHT training modules/material and capacity building procedures for identified government health facilities.
- Strategic overview and reporting on all project pillars to senior management;
- In-house consultancy to projects and programs;
- Providing training to projects and programs management teams; and
- Auditing and health checks on projects and programs.
- Ensuring the implementation of programmatic strategies, technical quality assurance, best practices, learning are recorded, captured, and reported on regularly.
- Taking lead in drawing up project work plans guided by implementation milestones framework and needs assessment exercise.
- To assist Executive Director in identifying new areas of need and potential areas for project development and donor funding.
- Support team members professionally through monitoring their performance regularly and providing supportive supervision.
- Carry out staff supervision, appraisals and ensure leave requests are processed according to NAWEC Human Resource procedures for program staff, volunteers and VHTs
- Work with Executive Director to maintain up-to-date job descriptions for program staff, VHTs, and other volunteers.
- Prepare, review and maintain job descriptions for all VHTs where appropriate (or as may be needed from time to time)
- Actively participate in VHT validation and recruitment exercise together with Executive Director and district health officials.
- Cultivate collaborative implementation partnerships at the community, district, and national levels and managing partner formation, maintenance, and compliance with organization policy and procedures
Skills and attributes
- The project manager must have strong practical experience in project management, which was gained through managing large and complex projects. He or she must have the following:
- Good knowledge and handling of project and program management methodology and techniques;
- Good understanding of the wider objectives of the program;
- Ability to work positively with the wide range of individuals involved in program management;
- Strong leadership and management skills;
- Good knowledge of budgeting and resource allocation procedures; and
- The ability to find innovative ways to resolve problems.
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, community development, public health, community health, with a postgraduate diploma in project management and planning.
- Previous demonstrated experience in Monitoring, Evaluation, Reporting, and Learning is a requirement,
- Ability to construct, interpret, critique budgets and track expenditure,
- At least 2 years of experience in managing a community-based health project.
- Demonstrate ability to foster partnerships with community and/or Government agencies/organizations and groups,
- Knowledge of community development, empowerment, and mentoring approaches Research, monitoring and evaluation skills,
- Demonstrated experience in monitoring and evaluation
- Good oral & written communication skills
All applications will be received and Reviewed through Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Now ' section
Note: Females are highly encouraged to apply