The position holder is to implement all aspects of the market systems development component.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Entry level
- Experience Length:1 year
Ayuda en Acción is an organization with an international presence that, from a global commitment, has been fighting against poverty, inequality and exclusion since its birth in 1981. Our scope of action is developed in Africa, Latin America, Asia, and from 2013 also in Spain, in those territories and populations with greater vulnerability and less access to opportunities to exercise their rights with equality and equity. A non-denominational, non-partisan organisation committed to the values that stem from respect for Human Rights and that believes in the need to generate changes that make social justice possible, by addressing the causes that generate inequality of opportunities, social exclusion and poverty. A supportive community of exchange of values and capabilities, based on dignity, equality and mutual respect, which includes more than 120,000 people, a large number of companies and diverse collaborators, whose solidarity reaches around 2,500,000 people with whom we work together to improve their lives.
Ayuda en Acción is an organization with an international presence that, from a global commitment, has been fighting against poverty, inequality, and exclusion since its birth in 1981. Our scope of action is developed in Africa, Latin America, Asia, and from 2013 also in Spain, in those territories and populations with greater vulnerability and less access to opportunities to exercise their rights with equality and equity. A non-denominational, non-partisan organization committed to the values that stem from respect for Human Rights and that believes in the need to generate changes that make social justice possible, by addressing the causes that generate inequality of opportunities, social exclusion, and poverty. Uganda country program is adopting a market systems approach to boost access to renewable energy for production and clean cooking amongst refugee and host communities in Adjumani district. Based on this premise, Ayuda en Accion (AeA) seeks to hire a well-grounded Program Assistant Energy and Marketing to be based in the Adjumani Regional Office in West Nile, Northern Uganda.
The position holder is to implement all aspects of the market systems development component. She/he will be required to apply a wide variety of market development tools and approaches to catalyze innovative services and facilitate linkages between market actors in the assigned program area i.e., Renewable energy (Market Systems Development). The Program Assistant Energy and Market will work directly with the Senior Energy and Marketing Manager in collaboration with the Program manager and the other technical team, who will determine technical strategy.
- General Key Task
Reporting to the Senior Energy and Marketing Manager on a day-to-day basis, the position holder is to implement all aspects of the market systems development component in line with livelihood and energy. The Program Assistant Energy and Marketing will support the Market System, Agriculture and Renewable Energy aspects of the project and will work directly with the Senior Energy and Marketing Manager in collaboration with the Regional Program Manager.
- Overall day-to-day Activities
Working closely with the support and supervision of the Senior Energy and Marketing Manager, this position will liaise with the other Ayuda en Accion interventions in the area involving planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, accountability, and reporting.
- Program Planning and implementation
Prepare program for the effective delivery of Market system, livelihood and energy activities.
Develop weekly and monthly workplans
Provide technical support to Program Assistants and community facilitators in all activities implemented by AeA in the District of operation.
Conduct field monitoring of interventions undertaken by AeA in the targeted districts of operation.
Compile monthly reports to highlighting progress, challenges, and advising on the way forward.
- Representation and Coordination
The Program Assistant Energy and Marketing will be the focal person for all coordination, partnership, and related activities with local-level private sector services providers and related stakeholders.
Liaise with local government officials, local NGOs and civil society organizations, and other notables to solicit their support, provision of context-based views and ownership of AeA programs.
Maintain close working relationships with development organizations, and local partners, including representing the program at local coordination meetings as assigned by the Regional Program Manager or the line supervisor.
Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in accordance with AeA codes of conduct.
Participate in District and other sectoral planning/coordination meetings to represent Ayuda en Accion in the area.
Closely work with District and OPM and other relevant national structures at District and settlement level to ensure compliance with the signed MoU between AeA and the OPM.
- Documentation, Monitoring, Evaluation, and Reporting
Work closely with the monitoring and evaluation staff to capture the required data for measuring output and impact of the program, and to ensure an accurate and timely flow of information from the field for entry into the database and for preparation of communication materials.
Prepare and submit timely weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports that will be indicative of program progress during implementation. Respond to queries when necessary.
Maintain proper filling system regarding market development activities of the program.
Knowledge and experience:
- A minimum bachelor’s degree in Development studies, Social Work and Social Administration, Agriculture, environmental studies and Renewable energy, or any other related fields.
- At least 1-3 years of progressive experience in Market System Development approach, Agriculture, and renewable energy, preferably worked with Private sector companies.
- Proven knowledge of Market systems, Agriculture, environmental management, and Renewable energy including safeguarding policy.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Basic knowledge and skills in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams, etc.)
- Must speak and write clearly Ma’adi local language.
- Fluent in English (Spoken and Written).
- Fluent in Ma’adi and other local languages of the region (written and spoken) is a must.
Skills & Qualities
- Availability and willingness to be stationed and live in a rural field area of operation.
- Team player, with the ability to be self-driven
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Outstanding interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Flexibility to work effectively with changing priorities and competing deadlines.
- Ability to ride a motorcycle with a valid driver’s license class.
- Incorporation: Immediate
- Duration of contract: 1 year renewable
- Workday: Full Time
- Location: Adjumani, West Nile region
- Remuneration/Salary: In accordance with Ayuda en Acción’s remuneration policy
How to apply.
Click on the 'Apply Here' section to be redirected to the application portal.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.