World Vision Uganda (WVU)
Within Uganda , Bugiri , East Africa
To provide financial technical support to the programme/cluster in accordance with World Vision accounting policies and procedures and the Acceptable International Financial Accounting standards.
• Financial management:
• Raise, receive and review voucher interface files and ProVision requests from the programme/cluster for the completeness/accuracy of data, account codes and provide feedback on daily basis
• Financial management:
• Review and manage the mobile money transactions for the programme/ cluster and ensure timely and accurate mobile reconciliations by 10th following month
• Financial planning & budget management:
• Complete and consolidate the programme/AP Budgets, upload into Horizon by August and to Share point by December each financial year
• Monitor budget and cash-flows by ensuring expenditures are within the budget limits, identify and provide variances explanations for management decision making by 13th monthly
• Financial reporting:
• Generate and review Sun systems generated and other financial reports for the programme/ cluster and share/discuss the reports with the cluster teams on 11th monthly and have final reports filed at the cluster by 15th each month
• Risk management:
• Take lead in the cluster internal and external audit and ensure that audit recommendations are implemented on a timely basis, that is within the 90 days
• Update asset registers to monitor and manage programme/ cluster assets) in accordance with WV Finance Manual on quarterly basis
• Carry out routine field visits to ascertain value for money and items reaching correct beneficiaries
• Capacity building:
• Provide technical financial support and hands on to programme/ cluster Assistant Accountants, Program staff and partners within the cluster
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience.
• A university degree, with a major in Accounting/Finance/Auditing
• Partial professional qualification in A.C.C.A, CPA, CA, CIA or CMA or equivalent
• A minimum of three years’ post qualification experience in an INGO setting
• Extensive Computer knowledge in Microsoft Excel, Vision Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SUN Accounting and Access is required.
• Must have proven knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Internal Control Procedures.
• Written and Oral Communication skills are essential, and the incumbent must be a team builder, who is able to work successfully in a multicultural environment.
• Experience of working in the field (communities)
• Knowledge of project management and project cycles
• The position is based at the cluster/project office but may require ability and willingness to travel to communities.
How to apply.
Click on the 'Apply Here' section to submit your application.