Reporting into: Product Lead, EA
Territory: East Africa
Direct Reports: N/A
Connecting Africans to Opportunities
• Your role involves but is not limited to scoping customer needs, developing business & technical requirements, providing business feedback, investigating bugs, and gathering user feedback.
• You are responsible for ensuring product delivery excellence in the way and manner our products are delivered to customers (employers).
• You are the product manager on the ground as far as the sales and operational teams are concerned.
• When there is non-clarity between business expectations and technical outputs, it is your job to fix it using knowledge, influence, and action.
• When products are not working well in the market, you are the point of call for CEOs, sales, and op teams and they expect you to fix this.
Product Development & Operations:
● Stay on top of the market and competitive occurrences within and outside the region and offer recommendations to your line manager.
● Coordinate the operational delivery of products and services of the business to market working closely with relevant stakeholders within ROAM & Cube.
● Serve as first-level platform support for internal business stakeholders (e.g. CX)
● Collaborate effectively with marketing to ensure the success of pre & post-launch activities to ensure the success of new product releases.
● Product documentation for internal and external stakeholders
● Competitor research and product benchmarking
● On-platform UX research and feedback collation from end-users to identify bottlenecks and areas for improvement
● Translate Jobberman or BrighterMonday business & technical requirements to Cube and vice-versa
● Other related activities and assignments as assigned by the Product Lead.
● Equip sales/ops/cx team with adequate knowledge of our tools and tech through consistent training, coaching, and any other means necessary.
● Deliver product training to new hires and existing members of staff to maximize business outcomes.
● Assess product knowledge of relevant teams to determine sales readiness and implement appropriate remediation measures
● Provide sales support and act in a technical sales capacity as may be required from time to time.
● Take ownership of business KPIs (revenue, listings, transactions, etc.) and drive success within the region.
● Group Head of Product, Jobs
● Business Leads
● Sales and CX Teams in markets
● Marketing & Corp Comms
Major challenges & complexities
● Product knowledge and experience in e-Commerce / Online Marketplaces
● Dealing with mid-level stakeholders within and outside the business
● Dealing with tradeoffs to achieve business objectives
● A first degree in any discipline
● A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field.
● Relevant professional certifications
1+ years of business analysis, product management, or any analytical role in the software industry (e.g. conducting competitor analysis and market research).
Skills and Competency
● Business Acumen
● Working knowledge of web analytics tools (Google Analytics, HotJar)
● Excellent communication skills
● A creative mind with a keen eye for detail
● Analytical mind and strong quantitative skills
● Communication Skills
● People Management
KPIs to measure success.
● Turnaround Time (TAT)
● Revenue Growth in all platform-based product m-o-m
● NPS growth q-o-q
● Rating by Sale, Ops, Marketing, and others on an m-o-m (Q: Have you been helpful to growing/equipping your team and business)
All applications will be received and Reviewed through Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Now ' section