Overseeing purchasing activities for all BEU entities and ensuring that purchased items are both cost-efficient and of high quality.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
Position: Procurement Officer
Berkeley Energy Uganda (BEU) is a Ugandan company that manages investments in the energy sector. Such investments include Bugoye Hydro Ltd in Kasese District, ARPE Ltd in Pader District which is operating the Achwa HPP2 and HPP1 plants and Kikagati Power Company Ltd operating Kikagati Hydro plant in Isingiro District. The Company seeks to recruit a qualified Procurement Officer. The Procurement Officer will be reporting to the Country Operations & Maintenance Manager. The position requires an analytical mind to keep up with product and service trends.
The Procurement Officer shall be responsible for:
- Overseeing purchasing activities for all BEU entities and ensuring that purchased items are both cost-efficient and of high quality.
- Compiling schedules of procurement and disposal requirements.
- Guiding and advising suppliers on the correct procurement and disposal procedures.
- Referencing, verifying, and managing procurement and disposal documentation.
- Ensuring compliance with the Procurement and disposal policies/manuals by staff and all parties in the procurement cycle.
- Liaising with the accounts team to facilitate timely payment to suppliers and provide complete documentation to finance for timely financial reporting.
- Liaising with the Kampala Office Manager to deliver items to sites.
- Verifying and organizing documentation relating to procurement and disposal for use by stakeholders.
- Maintaining positive supplier relations, evaluating supply options, approving purchases, and maintaining accurate records.
- Preparing draft bid documents, procurement, and disposal plans.
- Advising user departments on the development of procurement and disposal specifications.
- Prepare procurement plans and performance reports necessary for executing the above duties and responsibilities.
- Warehousing (inventory management) and participation in stock counting as needed.
- Establish relations with suppliers, vendors, and clearing officers to ensure the procurement process is streamlined.
- Feed IT/software BEU platform for procurement processes.
- Any other duties assigned by the Supervisor
Key Person Specifications/Experience:
- Minimum Academic Qualifications, Bachelor’s Degree (Honors) in Procurement, Supply Chain Management or a related field from a recognized Institution.
- Familiar with the procurement management system and IT/software platform, SAP type.
- Demonstrated Knowledge of the PPDA Act (2003, as amended) and the associated regulations, as well as sustainable procurement, is required.
- Professional Certification(s) from a recognized institution(s) will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 3 years experience handling Procurement processes in Organization setup.
- The person should be able to stay temporarily at BEU sites.
- They should have high integrity and commitment to a high quality of work.
How To Apply:
All candidates should send their updated CVs (in pdf format) and application letters through Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Now ' section
Submission Deadline: 5:00 pm on Monday 15th August 2022.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.