Deadline of this Job:23 November 2020
Duty Station: Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
ABOUT THE COMPANY.
SMS Group Limited is a Ugandan based Company that deals within the following sectors i.e. General supplies, Accommodation, Architectural and Engineering Consultancy, Procurement Consultancy and many other functions. SMS Group is seeking to hire a competent and experienced Procurement Officer to fill the above mentioned position.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES.
• Establish cost parameters and budgets for purchases
• Create and maintain good relationships with vendors and supplies
• Make professional decisions in a fast paced environment
• Maintain records of purchases, pricing, and other important data.
• Review, analyze all vendors/supplies, price options/market assessment and develop plans for purchasing equipment, service and supplies.
• Invite, assess and recommend supplier tenders, bids, quotations and proposals,
• Negotiate the best deals of contract terms and conditions, quotations and supply contracts and ensure their products are of high quality.
• Maintain an update of suppliers and their qualifications, delivery times, potential future development.
• Liaise with auditors to ensure compliance of procurement procedures are within the government guidelines, policies and regulations.
• Assist in the development of specifications for equipment, materials and services to be purchased.
• Work with team members to manage duties as needed and perform any other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE.
• Bachelor’s degree in Procurement and Logistics, Supply Chain Management or related field from a reputable Institution.
• MBA in Supply Chain Management, Logistics is essential.
• Member of the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply or an equivalent is an added advantage.
• Knowledge of PPDA Act, Contracts Management and Disposal.
• Experience and knowledge of PPAP is required.
• A minimum of 5 years working experience within busy FMCG companies/construction/hospitality background.
• High level of integrity
• Communication and interpersonal skills
• Personal presentation, negotiation and analytical skills
• Contract and supplier management skills and knowledge.
Job application procedure
Qualifying and interested candidates are encouraged to apply. Submit your Application Letter, CV, Academic documents with 3 professional referees to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line clearly indicating position applied for. Deadline is Monday 23rd November 2020 by 17:00 hrs