Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation
Supply Chain & Procurement
The Procurement Officer will be responsible for ensuring that goods and services are competitively procured and in compliance with the donor(s), EGPAF, and statutory regulations. The Officer will at all times seek maximum value for money for EGPAF and ensure that goods and services are procured in time and deliveries made according to agreed terms and conditions.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:5 years
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) is a nonprofit human development organization on a mission to create a world where no mother, child, or family is devastated by HIV and AIDS, and we are making an impact. Join us in our fight for an AIDS-free generation!
To Support The Implementation Of UHA, EGPAF Is Seeking Qualified Candidates For The Position Of
EGPAF is a consortium partner for USAID's funded Uganda Health Activity (UHA) which aims at helping to improve overall health system resilience and to increase the survival and well-being of vulnerable populations in USAID Uganda priority districts.
Title: Procurement Officer
Number of positions : (1)
Reports To: Regional Finance & Admin Manager
Direct Reports: None
Closing Date: 03rd May 2023
How will you fight for an AIDS-free generation?
The Procurement Officer will be responsible for ensuring that goods and services are competitively procured and in compliance with the donor(s), EGPAF, and statutory regulations. The Officer will at all times seek maximum value for money for EGPAF and ensure that goods and services are procured in time and deliveries made according to agreed terms and conditions. He/she will be responsible for the maintenance of accurate, up-to-date, and complete records in required formats for all procurement transactions. In addition, the officer will be responsible for ensuring that all invoices are properly supported and reviewed before submitting them to finance for payment consideration.
No two days are alike at EGPAF, but what can you expect in this role?
- Carry out procurement processes in time and line with EGPAF’s laid down policies, donor(s) regulations, and applicable statutory provisions.
- Prepare formal invitations for bids and requests for quotations, including required special terms and conditions, performance, and technical criteria.
- Organize, moderate, and document procurement committee deliberations.
- Track orders and confirm system lead times, delivery dates, and costs.
- Ensure that the procurement processes are executed through EGPAF’s approved online system.
- Prepare weekly management procurement and logistics reports and any other ad hoc reports as may be required from time to time by the management.
- Ensure that all the vendors that EGPAF does business with are properly registered and are subjected to proper due diligence processes including Bridger/watchlist checks.
- Identify opportunities and implement actions aimed at achieving efficiencies in procurement and logistics processes.
- Advise/update the senior leadership and the procurement review committee on emerging procurement and logistics issues.
- Ensure that invoices are properly supported before payment consideration.
- Facilitate good mutual business relationships with suppliers/vendors.
- Maintain up-to-date procurement documents filing system.
- Support the preparation of annual and ad hoc procurement plan processes.
- Carry out any other duties reasonably assigned by the Supervisor.
To Be Successful, You Will Have
- Bachelor’s degree in Procurement and logistics management, Business Administration, or related field.
- At least 5 years of progressive hands-on experience in procurement and logistics preferably with an international NGO.
- Mandatory Relevant professional membership.
- Hands-on experience with ERP systems or any relevant procurement business solutions systems.
- Good understanding of USAID Rules and Regulations and Uganda procurement laws.
- Strong attention to detail, and sound technical and analytical skills.
- Ability to take sound meeting minutes.
- High level of integrity.
- Good time management skills and the ability to prioritize.
- Ability to take self-initiatives and solve problems.
- Ability to handle multiple and conflicting priorities, and work under strict deadlines.
- Good understanding of and experience in the international development sector.
- Training in computer applications is required plus a good working knowledge of computers with the ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, IT savvy etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Team player with good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a diverse social and cultural environment.
NO HAND-DELIVERED APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
As a global, multinational and multicultural organization, EGPAF believes that diversity in the workplace enriches our work and enhances our impact and effectiveness. We believe that employees have the right to work in a climate of mutual respect and integrity that promotes dignity and respect for all, and that enables them to reach their full potential. The Foundation is committed to advancing diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEI&B).
EGPAF is an equal-opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. In addition to country law requirements, EGPAF complies with US laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Foundation has facilities.
The Foundation does not charge any fees at any stage of the recruitment process. If you are asked to pay a fee at any stage of recruitment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
How to apply.
Click on the 'Apply Here' section to be redirected to the application portal.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.