Within Uganda , Iganga , East Africa
Job Title: Procurement Officer (Full Time).
No. of Vacancy : 1
Reports to: Executive Director.
Location: UDHA headquarters in Iganga.
The Procurement Officer contributes towards ensuring smooth and efficient management of the procurement processes and inventory/asset management, s/he will support the finance & administration team members in ensuring maintenance of comprehensive, transparent and accurate procurement processes as well as records
Roles and responsibilities:
• Coordinates and facilitates the procurement requirements of the project on the basis of the procurement policy guidelines.
• Pre-qualification of suppliers as provided in the procurement policy
• Compliance with procurement procedures as per Field Operations Manual.
• Creates purchase orders, ensuring relevant procurement procedures have been applied and all supporting documentation is attached
• Ensuring that invoices received reconcile to purchase orders and created and matching receipts to purchase orders
• Ensure three way matching of purchase order, Invoice and GRN
• Liaises with program officers, suppliers/service providers and provides logistical support in coordinating deliveries of program supplies to intended beneficiaries/location
• Carries out periodic controls to ensure that the filing system are properly used and that documents being regularly filed and easily accessible for compliance and audit reviews
• Develops and maintains an archive policy for the regional office based on contractual and legal requirements; supports the country offices to develop and maintain archiving policy
Motorcycle/motor vehicle Management
• Ensure appropriate policies are in place for management of motorcycles & motor vehicles
• Ensure a policy is in place; areas to concentrate – records, use, acquisition, organizational needs, Fuel procedures, disposal procedures etc.
Required Qualifications and experience:
• University degree in procurement & Logistics management Business Administration. A post-graduate qualification in procurement & Logistics management will be an added advantage.
• Diploma in procurement and/or CIPS.
• Computer applications in Excel and Word
• Work experience in an INGO/NGO funded project of at least Two years.
Required Skills and Competencies:
• Adaptable, flexible, able to take initiative and prioritize among competing demands;
• A good team player with strong interpersonal skills, outgoing personality, and ability to work independently and effectively under pressure and on strict deadlines and in a multicultural setting;
• Excellent knowledge of computer applications;
• Excellent oral and written communications skills in English;
• Adherence to UDHA’s values
How to apply.
Candidates who meet all the requirements are encouraged to submit in a single PDF file, their cover letter, CV and CERTIFIED copies of academic documents and email to email@example.com with a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The cover should be addressed to:
The Senior Human Resource Officer
Uganda Development and Health Associates (UDHA)
P.O. Box 77, Iganga Municipality
Posting date: 3rd January, 2022
Tuesday 21st Jan, 2022 by 5:00 pm
While UDHA appreciates all the interested applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. In case you do not hear from UDHA two weeks after the closing date, please consider yourself unsuccessful. Please note that any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Any telephone solicitation will lead to automatic disqualification.