Organization: Prudential Assurance Uganda Limited
Business Function: Information Technology/ Digital
Job Title: Process Project Manager
Reports to: Senior Manager – Digital Transformation
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Our client is a wholly-owned comprises of a portfolio of businesses focused on structural growth markets. The business helps individuals to de-risk their lives and deal with their biggest financial concerns through life insurance. One of the longest standing and most successful global insurers in the world with over 20 million life customers, +24,000 employees and £56 billion of assets under management as at 30th June 2019.
It has been providing financial security to customers since 1848 and it’s one of the oldest insurers in the world, with 171 continuous years of providing financial services. The firm is listed on stock exchanges in London, Hong Kong, Singapore and New York.
Provides protection and savings opportunities to customers, social and economic benefits to the communities in which it operates, jobs and opportunities to its employees and financial benefits for its investors. By offering security, pooling savings and making investments, the firm helps to maintain the cycle of growth. The company’s strategy is designed to create sustainable economic value for its customers and shareholders.
The company continues to develop its businesses in new markets in Africa, building on the success of its other regional models, particularly Asia. Currently, the company has a footprint in eight countries: Uganda, Kenya, Zambia, Ghana, Nigeria, Cameroon, Cote d’ Ivoire and Togo.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, the Process Project Manager would be joining the Digital Team which is responsible for the Digital Transformation of the organization, supporting their fast-growing business.
PAUL is in the process of undertaking a major Digital Transformation in its existing business process. This is a complex implementation Programme comprising a number of projects. Currently we are looking for an experienced Process Project Manager to help drive forward our portfolio of challenging projects in the insurance sphere.
The role of the Process Improvement/Optimization, Six Sigma Lean Process Project Manager is much more than just leading work streams or identifying and delivering solutions. The key to success is the willingness to collaborate, engage as team players and closely partner with our clients in designing new processes for the organization and contributing towards solving process-related challenges that the organization may encounter.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
• The role of a business process manager involves controlling, monitoring, measuring, executing, designing, and evaluating business processes.
• They will ensure that the outcomes derivable from a business process are in line with the strategic goal of the concerned organization.
• They will be involved in improving business process management in practically all the departments that constitute an organization.
• His/her tasks also involve designing new processes for the organization and contributing towards solving process-related challenges that the organization may encounter.
• The manager is expected to react very fast to any rapid change in market condition towards improving the organization’s business processes.
• He/she is expected to eliminate any defect in his/her company’s business process and also ensure top quality service delivery.
• This role will require communication with internal and external parties.
• Develop process workflow and design in compliance with regulatory requirements.
• Translate business needs into business requirements, use cases and systems interaction diagrams
• Provide training programs on new processes as needed.
• Monitor and measure the benefits of post process implementation to ensure product quality, efficiency, and improvement.
• Identify risks and issues in business processes and systems.
• Identify and analyze business processes to be improved.
• Lead a team that will be responsible for process assessments, and process design and redesign.
• Analyze operating data and statistics to identify opportunities, develop action plans, and implement process improvements.
• Prepare business process reports for management and customers.
• Develop in-depth knowledge of the organization’s business lines and products.
• Assist in promoting the implementation of best practices.
• Support the Senior Manager in dealing with stakeholders and dependencies.
• Proven experience of owning and managing delivery of web application projects within the insurance industry as a PM throughout the whole lifecycle from starting up and planning, to rollout and benefits realization
• Extremely important - Manage scope, conflict, resolve challenges and negotiate change requests,
• Plan, organize, and direct the design, development and implementation of IT Solutions projects.
• The Project Manager will act as the main point of contact with senior stakeholders, ensure project delivery according to schedules, costs and quality objectives, manage 3rd party relationships and resources, manage the production of requirements, business cases and other documentation to maintain buy-in, and also chair project meetings and oversee project workshops.
• Created the Go-Live and Change Communication plan for the project and business stakeholders
• Facilitated training and operational readiness of resources for post go-live environment
• Managed the Risk and Issue Register, authorization of Change Requests and Resourcing plan for the project.
• Design the transition plan for project handover post successful implementation.
• Perform any other duties as may be required by the Senior Manager, Digital and CEO
Skills and Qualifications:
• This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in information technology or a related field
• Minimum accredited Lean Six Sigma Green Belt, preferably Black Belt
• Experience in Quality Assurance and process design
• Minimum 5-7 years proven continuous improvement analytical experience from a similar role, including project management and business analysis
• Excellent understanding of continuous improvement concepts including Six Sigma, Lean, value stream mapping
• Ability to set-up, facilitate and lead service improvement/’Workout’ sessions with a range of business stakeholders (incl. Experience of process/value stream mapping)
• A ‘completer-finisher’ taking accountability for ideas from inception to delivery, in an environment that requires robust metrics to confirm success
• Experience of designing remediation plans to address productivity and efficiency issues, and track record of following through to ensure closure
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of Partners, senior managers, and subject matter experts
• Ability to take an analytical approach to problem solving
• Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills
• Ability to manage complex and fast paced project engagements
• Confident and able to work in high-ambiguity work environment
• The ability to take responsibility for high quality and on-time project deliveries
• Must lead by example and be a proactive agent of change, and have conflict resolution and risk management experience.
• Ability to understand and deliver on customer expectations
• Strong Project Management Experience.
• Working knowledge of the project lifecycle, products, techniques and methodologies and approaches and the understanding of how to best apply to the situation.
• Excellent and well-practiced communication (verbal, written, listening), inter-personal and influencing skills with the ability to bridge specialism and business through user-friendly language.
• Previous experience of working in Life Insurance would be beneficial, but not essential
• Preferred experience in Agile, including experience in Scrum, sprint planning, roadmap planning, and estimation.