Following are the roles and responsibilities:
· Designs material with particular focus on four-color ads, product labels and cartons, sales sheets, brochures, catalogs, displays and packages, assuring that content adheres to legal regulations and technical standards.
· Handles some pre-press functions for media listed above, including designing (or learning to design) white support layers for printed labels, pouches, shrink sleeves, etc. to be printed on paper, metallic, or clear substrates.
· Performs photo editing in Adobe Photoshop.
· Prepares files for both print and web, making sure that they are saved correctly according to company specs for output and placement; corrects graphics files (from sources outside the company) for print, as needed.
· Arranges layout of material based on available space, knowledge of layout principles and aesthetic design concepts.
· Projects a professional company image and deliver the correct information and message.
· Communicates well with product managers, marketing executives, and print buyers
· May do flat color illustration in Adobe Illustrator
· Create a multi up .ai file according to the label, available paper and available repeat size ( paper and repeat size will be confirmed by production)
· Maintaining artwork database in Muti Up
· Color separation and creating Muti Up file for each color separately to send for plate making
· Excellent communication skills
· Strong organization skills
· Well versed with Microsoft Excel
· Has work experience of Minimum 1 year in a similar role
· Knowledge about print media and printing press machineries
Availability: Immediate to 15 days
Salary: Best in industry and based on experience
Location: Namanve - Kampala