Business Function: Finance
Reports to: Accountant
Our client is a wholly-owned comprises of a portfolio of businesses focused on structural growth markets. The business helps individuals to de-risk their lives and deal with their biggest financial concerns through life insurance. One of the longest standing and most successful global insurers in the world with over 20 million life customers, +24,000 employees and £56billion of assets under management as at 30th June 2019.
It has been providing financial security to customers since 1848 and it’s one of the oldest insurers in the world, with 171 continuous years of providing financial services. The firm is listed on stock exchanges in London, Hong Kong, Singapore and New York.
Provides protection and savings opportunities to customers, social and economic benefits to the communities in which it operates, jobs and opportunities to its employees and financial benefits for its investors. By offering security, pooling savings and making investments, the firm helps to maintain the cycle of growth. The company’s strategy is designed to create sustainable economic value for its customers and shareholders.
continues to develop its businesses in new markets in Africa, building on the
success of its other regional models, particularly Asia. Currently, the company
has a footprint in eight countries: Uganda, Kenya, Zambia, Ghana, Nigeria,
Cameroon, Cote d’ Ivoire and Togo.
Job Scope: Reporting to the Accountant, the premium receipting Officer’s duties including ensuring accuracy, efficiency and timeliness of operations, processing receipts of all incoming premiums coming through the banks and cash, cheques received and submitting of proposal forms for inception.
As the ideal resource for this role, the successful candidate will be an ardent team player, with excellent people skills. In addition, she/he will be highly confidential, the go to person with an analytical mind- set, proactive and self-driven, with ability to meet deadlines on short notice.
• Daily receipting of client’s premiums within 48 hours after receipt date.
• Ensuring SMS have been sent to clients within 48 hours from receipt of the premiums.
• Daily submission of proposal forms with receipts to the operations team
• Daily reconciliation of cash premiums received and send out received cash to respective banks.
• Provision of a daily report of the cash reconciliation to Accountant and Senior Accountant
• Following up with the respective bank on premiums that have unclear descriptions within 48 hours from the deduction date.
• Build and maintain bank relationship through frequent contacts with the bank personnel and organisational of incentives for bank staff.
• Verify discrepancies, resolve clients’ and agents’ complaints within 48 working hours of receipt of complaint.
• Provision of weekly reports of unallocated receipts to accountant, senior accountant, head of Agency support & Analytics every Friday.
• Perform any other duties as may be required by the accountant, senior accountant and CEO.
Core Competences Required:
• Stakeholder relationship management skills
• Understanding of the Uganda labour market
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent organisational skills
• Ability to prioritise tasks and activities
• Ability to successfully work in a high activity, fast paced environment
• A reasonable level of industry knowledge in relation to the current HR compensation & benefits trends
• Ability to proactively network with colleagues in the industry
• University degree in Business Administration, or equivalent from a recognised University
• 2-3 years working experience of which at least One is in a similar role