Many East African SMEs are stuck in the “missing middle”, a financing gap for businesses that need between US 100k and 500k. iungo capital is an investment company that provides growth capital to such early-stage and growing SMEs in Uganda. iungo capital invests in value-added businesses that are cash positive and highly scalable, operating in sectors such as service, agri-processing, or manufacturing. iungo capital's investments are structured as short to mid-term mezzanine debt or quasi-equity.
- Work with 3-6 different portfolio companies.
- To work as an internal senior finance professional of the portfolio companies.
- Implement and build finance operations for the portfolio company.
- Prepare weekly and monthly management reports for the managers and investors.
- Prepare a budget for the companies.
- Train accounting and bookkeeping staff of the portfolio companies.
- Create financial projection models for income, balance sheet, and cash flow.
- Conduct financial audits.
- Make sure all the tax and statutory requirements are fulfilled for the portfolio companies.
Expected background & skills
- Relevant education background in Accounting, Tax, and Audit.
- Either having worked with a major accounting organization considered a plus.
- Intensive knowledge and understanding, preferably by experience, of some of the following business domains: operations, financial and risk management, accounting, management controls.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team, with an entrepreneurial drive.
- Abilities to establish a mixture of empathy, trust, confidentiality, and straightforwardness, paramount to help the entrepreneur to see things more clearly from a different view-point.
- Excellent feedback, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Creativity and flexibility to interact with entrepreneurs to offer individualized services.
- Problem-solving and strategic planning abilities; analytical skills and attention to detail; good numerical skills.
- And finally, commitment and self-motivation are key to be part of an organization that takes skin in the game. You enjoy seeing the results and impact of your work, making a difference in the environment that surrounds you.
We offer a competitive salary and a challenging job in the investment sector, in an international and diverse environment, with a lot of responsibilities and opportunities to influence the development of our organization, contributing to sustainable change. We aspire for a joint future in the long term.
We are looking for candidates already residing in Uganda and has a necessary work permit for Uganda.
How to apply?
Are you interested? You can apply by submitting your 1-page application letter and max. 2-page CV specifying with “Portfolio Accountant Uganda” in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis; only short-listed candidates will be contacted.