Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical humanitarian organization that delivers aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from health care. MSF offers assistance to people based on need irrespective of race, religion, gender, or political affiliation.
Main responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Execute Pharmacy standard operating procedures (SOP’s) according to NDA (National Drugs Authority) regulations and recommendations. Adhere to all local, national, and MSF guidelines; report all discrepancies, issues, and illegal activity, including robbery, theft, or fraud to the line manager.
• Maintains medical/pharmacy inventory and records by checking medical/pharmacy stock to determine inventory level; anticipating the supplies; expediting orders; verifying receipt; removing expired drugs.
• Ensures correct disposal of all medical supplies, complying with environmental health regulation following the SOP’s in place.
• Assist the Pharmacist in the preparation of documents for processing importation/ exportation permits from the National Drug Authority
• Support the pharmacist in processing necessary pharmacy licenses from NDA and the Pharmacy Council.
• Ensure the consistent implementation of Good Drug Distribution practices (GDP) as per the NDA GDP guidelines.
• Ensure that pharmacy storage conditions are monitored and maintained within optimal standards.
• Perform other pharmacy-related tasks as may be delegated from time to time by the pharmacist or supervisor.
• Diploma in Pharmacy or any medical-related studies. Dispenser (Pharmacy technician),
• Enrolled nurse, Comprehensive nurse.
• Must be registered with the Uganda Allied Health Professionals Council.
• 2 years of working experience and experience collaborating with local pharmacy systems (MoH and private) is an asset. MSF experience is an added advantage.
• English, local language, and French is a strong asset
• Computer literacy
• Strategic Vision
• People Management and Development
• Service Orientation
• Teamwork and Cooperation
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application letter and a detailed CV merged together in a SINGLE PDF or WORD document through Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Now ' section by the 16th May 2021 at 5:00 PM. Only shortlisted candidates meeting the above criteria will be contacted. No monetary, goods, or service offers, nor favoritism, will be tolerated in the recruitment process. MSF reserves the right to refuse any candidate having benefited from such acts. Any illicit solicitations can be reported to the Justice System