Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an international independent humanitarian medical organization that delivers aid to people affected by armed
conflict, epidemics, natural disasters, and exclusion from health care.
MSF offers assistance to people based on need irrespective of race, religion, gender, or political affiliation.
MSF is looking to recruit a suitable candidate for the position below:
Duty station: Arua
Start of work: July 2021
Contract Duration: Open-term with 3 months probation period.
• Assisting the HIV Activity Manager and the Medical Team Leader in assessing the patient support needs, defining the patient support strategy according to the changing medical needs and context, and developing/sourcing relevant patient support tools (counseling/education protocols, health promotion messages, etc.)
• Ensuring, monitoring, and evaluating the implementation of patient support activities according to MoH and MSF protocols, standards, and procedures
• Ensuring good communication and collaboration with the other components of the project and other partners working on patient support
• Supervising and supporting the staff under his responsibility, supporting them to planning and organizing their work
• In close collaboration with the HR department, supervising the associated HR processes (recruitment, training, induction, evaluation, potential detection, coaching, development, and internal communication) in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required
• Ensuring data collection and analysis of patient support activities (collecting reports of patient support staff, summarizing reports, etc.) in close collaboration with data supervisor
• Essential diploma or Degree in counseling/counseling psychology
• Desirable training/degree/ diploma in social work, psychology, or psychiatry
• At least 2-year experience as a psychosocial counselor or patient support supervisor (preferably in HIV/TB or chronic disease context) with 1 year at supervisor level.
• Demonstrable experience in supervising and training others in a team setting
• Desirable previous working experience with MSF or other NGOs.
• English Essential. Desirable local languages
• Desirable Computer literacy (word, excel, and internet)
• Results and quality-oriented, teamwork and cooperation, flexible, commitment to MSF principles, stress management
Interested candidates are invited to send their application through the Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Now ' section
NOTE: Only persons responding to the job profile will be contacted for a written test and/or interview.
No monetary, goods, or service offers, nor favoritism, will be tolerated in a recruiting process. MSF reserves the right to refuse any candidate having benefited from such acts. Any illicit solicitations can be reported to the justice system.
Deadline for applications: 11th July 2021 at 17h00