Start Date: 1st July 2021
Turaco is a fast-growing financial services start-up based in Kenya and Uganda that is introducing a new model of health and risk financing for emerging consumers. Our offering is subscription-based insurance made for the mass market, which is distributed through business partnerships. At Turaco, we value simplicity, communication, and transparency as we strive to transform the way insurance works. Our mission is to free people from the fear of financial shocks by offering tailor-made, affordable insurance products that add real value to their lives.
About the Role:
The Partnerships and Marketing Associate reports directly to the Partnerships and Marketing Manager and is responsible for building and maintaining relationships with clients and other key personnel within Turaco’s partner companies.
The responsibilities of this position are split between Partnerships (70%) and Marketing (30%). The objective is to act as a support function for strategic partnerships in order to extend the reach of Turaco to target customers in dedicated regions; extend exposure; increase uptake of Turaco’s products with targeted partners while at the same time enriching ownership of the product on the Partners’ side.
The Partnerships and Marketing Associate is responsible for achieving an assigned sales and profit goal, as well as successfully project managing their assigned country partnerships in order to not only improve the company’s gross profit, but also its positioning and recognition in the market. They will constantly maintain close communication with the Global Sales and Partnerships, Products, and Marketing teams so as to create a value proposition for our customers and partners. Success, as it pertains to this role, is measured by how many end consumers Turaco acquires through any given partnership.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
• Develops relationships with assigned local partners and coordinates with other internal teams to do so when needed.
• Partner Relationship Management: Makes sure that all data related to assigned partnerships are accurately reported and inserted into our in-house system, TACO.
• Organizes partnership-related events and drives similar initiatives/ activities related to the growth of Turaco’s relationship with the partners.
• Enables acquisition of new customers in collaboration with Turaco’s Sales Representatives in all relevant markets where our partners operate.
• Develops high-value partner relationships at the executive level.
• Demonstrates market expertise and a deep understanding of partners’ end-users to drive company and partners’ decisions on products and solutions.
• Ensures the sales approach and go-to-market activities within the region differentiate Turaco’s offering to the client by providing a consultative, expert approach that leads with market insight, thereby providing significant value in the sales engagement.
• Assists in brand/market awareness and opportunity development by delivering subject matter expertise and thought leadership to the market via forums, conferences, panels, and PR activities.
• Facilitates activities between clients, sales, market planning, customer operations, and executives to complete the strategic selling process.
• Ensures a seamless transition of customer responsibility to the Call Center and Field Sales Reps following successful partnership launches.
• Develops and implements effective account/territory plan strategies to provide focus and maximize revenue growth.
• Works closely with market planners/business leaders to coordinate strategy in the region.
Qualifications for this Position:
• Proven track record and experience as an Account Manager, Sales Manager, Junior Account Manager, or a similar role.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in any business-related field.
• Adaptability and strong problem-solving skills.
• Experience delivering client-focused solutions to customer needs.
• Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organization, including executive and C-level.
• Insurance knowledge is a plus.
• Ability to create and take part in marketing initiatives.
Remuneration and Benefits:
• Turaco offers a competitive salary package with additional benefits that are commensurate with experience.
All applications will be received and Reviewed through Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Now ' section